ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  General Discussion    Getting out early on Chp 8, need some help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Getting out early on Chp 8, need some help
 Login/Join

posted
I am about to get chaptered out on family care plan but i have some questions.
-- First, I am flagged for PT, but on temp profile therefore can not take a PT test. If i get out flagged, will i still get the severence pay/separation pay or is it less?
-- Second, how soon can I start looking and applying for a job?
-- Third, the reg states that i can be out in 30 days for FCP, but do I still get to use my terminal leave or do i have to sell it back?
-- Fourth, do I still have to go through the Soldier for Life (formerly ACAP) process or that no longer applies to me?
Any advice will be appreciated!
SGT Tater Tot

Posts: 1 | Registered: 05 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It looks like that you need a current passed PT test to receive severance pay. Although it may be different since you are getting out on FCP. I would check with finance to be sure.

As far as I know, if you know when you are getting out, you can start looking for a job, just so long as they know when you will be out of the military.

Since you are being chaptered, you are not authorized terminal leave. I suggest taking your leave now because once your discharge date is set, there is no leave after that.

Everyone getting out the military should go through ACAP. It is a great help for those transitioning to civilian life.

Posts: 194 | Location: JBLM, WA | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post