Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M16 Qualification
 Login/Join

posted
I just got back from the M16 range and I wanted to know, if you do NOT qualify the first time, and you score 40 out of 40 the second. Do you still only recive 26 points (Paper Targets) or do you recive the 40? What Army Regulation covers M16/M4??? Thanks.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 27 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Couldnt tell you for sure out of the reg, but every time I have gone to the range, or ran a range, the person scored whatever their high score was. If you bolo the first time and get sharpshoot the second time, you get the 2nd score. If you get sharpshoot the first time, and try for expert the second time but only get marksmen, still turn in your sharpshooter score.

CW3 Troy Ward
NETOPS OCT
Bronco 30E
National Training Center, Fort Irwin, CA

Are you a signal warrant officer? http://www.signal-chief.com/

Posts: 593 | Location: National Training Center, Fort Irwin, CA | Registered: 26 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xexjh09:
I just got back from the M16 range and I wanted to know, if you do NOT qualify the first time, and you score 40 out of 40 the second. Do you still only recive 26 points (Paper Targets) or do you recive the 40? What Army Regulation covers M16/M4??? Thanks.

I guess it depends on the unit??? The WO said you keep the higher score but every Range I been to since basic we were told "if you dont qualify the first time, and the second time you get 40/40 you get marksman you do not get expert." But he said you keep the higher one. My computer is slow as hell right now so I cant pull up anything to look it up. Try FM 3-22.9 to see if it says something there.

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3915 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have been searching fo an answer in fm 3-22.9, either I am blind or It is not in there. I was thinking it might be in a army regulation for the M16 or range, but google has not been very helpfull.

Picture of Go Ordnance
posted Hide Post
When I was at carson, they would take the highest score. Regardless of how many times you fired.

"If you do not stand by me at my worst, you WILL NOT stand by me at my best."

Posts: 719 | Location: Fort Lee | Registered: 18 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Screaming35F
posted Hide Post
quote:
they would take the highest score. Regardless of how many times you fired.

That's how my unit here at Campbell does it too.

Posts: 184 | Location: Fort Campbell, KY | Registered: 24 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That is BS, because if the soldier bolos the highest he should recive should be the minimum score. I am still looking for the regulation. If any body can help it would be greatly appreciate it. For some reason this is really bothering me...

posted Hide Post
i found a copy of fm 3-22.9 on globalsecurity.org and this is what is says about soldiers who fail to qualify during a record fire range

3) Soldiers who fail to qualify on the first attempt should be given appropriate remedial training and allowed to refire in a few days. When a soldier refires the course, he will be unqualified if he hits 22 targets or less and will be rated as a marksman if he hits 23 to 40. When automated scoring procedures are available that allow the performance of the soldier to be stored and retrieved before the malfunction, his performance is added to the score of his first attempt after weapons repair and refire. If a soldier's weapon becomes inoperable and his performance before the malfunction precludes qualification he is considered unqualified and must refire.

so if ur units are not doing this maybe this should be brought up....

Posts: 74 | Registered: 02 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by when in doubt dont shoot a scout:
i found a copy of fm 3-22.9 on globalsecurity.org and this is what is says about soldiers who fail to qualify during a record fire range

3) Soldiers who fail to qualify on the first attempt should be given appropriate remedial training and allowed to refire in a few days. When a soldier refires the course, he will be unqualified if he hits 22 targets or less and will be rated as a marksman if he hits 23 to 40. When automated scoring procedures are available that allow the performance of the soldier to be stored and retrieved before the malfunction, his performance is added to the score of his first attempt after weapons repair and refire. If a soldier's weapon becomes inoperable and his performance before the malfunction precludes qualification he is considered unqualified and must refire.

so if ur units are not doing this maybe this should be brought up....

So if a Soldier shoots again the same day s/he still gets marksman correct? Thanks for the info, I knew where to look but I couldnt pull it up.

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3915 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks

posted Hide Post
I know this doesn't cover the question on scoring a bolo firing Soldier, but the DA PAM 350-38 STRAC manual allows units to use the EST-2000 firing system for NBC and Night Firing qualification requirements. Also, if your post has this system it should be incorporated into your PMI training prior to the range or have at the ready during the range week if it is do-able.

Posts: 225 | Location: 513th MI BDE, Fort Gordon, GA | Registered: 06 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post