New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEW UNIFORMS!!!!!
 Login/Join

Picture of JOSHFREE
posted
Am I the only one excited about the upcoming announcement concerning the new camo pattern? Or the New PT uniforms? Anybody got the inside scoop?

I got nothing.

Posts: 308 | Location: WA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I Just filled out the online survey months ago.

Posts: 2619 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
meh, I hate collecting so much crap.
To me the IPFU is pretty dang satisfactory- any newer one better be "AIPFU"- Awesomely improved physical fitness uniform- to justify the bother..

As far as camo, I think we should just go multicam and get it over with. Issue some kind of desert pattern for specific environments upon deployment orders...

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of JOSHFREE
posted Hide Post
As far as the PT's go they are pulling from civillian industry standard. Much like the Navy did with their New balance PT's. So lighter softer better. Camo pattern multicam wasnt even in the running 4 finalist over 120,000 data points collected and the best uniform will be selected. Due to the ACU Pattern fiasco there is a good amount of clairvoyance in the selection process this time around. Should be announced on the Army's Bday.

I got nothing.

Posts: 308 | Location: WA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
It should be announced near the Army's birthday. I am hoping for US4CES camo since that is the closet to MARPAT which has been the best camo since the camo wars started. The Marines paid cheap for its research and has the best camo out there. Hands down!

http://www.adsinc.com/company/...amo-solutions/us4ces

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post

Posts: 364 | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hellz
posted Hide Post
oh those look nice!

im glad they went back to the old style where the colors are rounded off instead of pixelated.

the color scheme looks familiar though, but i do like the new look.

Posts: 185 | Registered: 13 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The silliness with uniforms is really starting to irritate me. Go back to OD green; not like we're hiding in the woods these days anyway.

For the PT uniform, the grey cotton stuff I wore from 97-03 was tons better than the current IPFU. I honestly couldn't care what the replacement looks like so long as it is easy to wash, comes in normal human sizes, and doesn't restrict circulation to my head.

If it were up to me, the entirety of the PT uniform would be running shoes with optional socks, but I know some officer will demand reflective belts regardless (the uniform could be woven from tritium and mirrors and there would still be reflective belts).

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hellz:
oh those look nice!

im glad they went back to the old style where the colors are rounded off instead of pixelated.

Triwall's duffleblog is satire news lol. I remember that funny article.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I was like, those look like the old bdu's we used to wear. Then I saw the address....

Posts: 88 | Location: ft. campbell | Registered: 05 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hellz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheWiseChief:
quote:
Originally posted by Hellz:
oh those look nice!

Triwall's duffleblog is satire news lol. I remember that funny article.

lol you didnt think i was serious did you?

think they just did an article in Army times on the guy who created Duffleblog

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hellz,

Posts: 185 | Registered: 13 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of JOSHFREE
posted Hide Post

Picture of MSG W
posted Hide Post
I have the new PTs. I've had them for a couple weeks.

My first thoughts: I like the material, not a fan of the yellow. The shorts have spandex sewn into them. The shorts are supposed to be moisture wicking and anti-microbial. Nothing is reflective as a cost saving measure. They said it made no sense to drive up the price when everyone had to wear reflective belts.

Posts: 403 | Location: Ft. Lewis, WA | Registered: 30 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 09FXDF
posted Hide Post
The Kryptek looks good. They say photos are worth 1000 words. There isn't enough on that. It took me a lot longer to locate the dude in the Kryptek than that crap Digi-camo. I don't understand where the military assumes digital is the wave of the future when every damn picture or video I see of digital cams the Soldier/Marine/Sailor/Airman stands out like a sore thumb. Its about time the DoD puts its money to something worth while. I know I'm not the only one thinking this. The OCP uniform is the closest thing to functional camouflage I have seen since the BDU/DCUs

Posts: 17 | Registered: 05 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SFC W:
I have the new PTs. I've had them for a couple weeks.

Very comfy?

(ps nice smile in the new pic.) Smiler

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post