New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEW UNIFORMS!!!!!
 Login/Join

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
The colors for the new PT were laughable. None of which I like but I did like the gold braid and having US Army on the shorts but now we are going to look like this.

http://www.google.com/imgres?i...d=0CC0Q9QEwAA&dur=66 <--Singing in the Navy.

Kryptek is awful. I am not hunting caribou or in a predator movie. And if the Army selects that, I am quitting lol.

http://www.kryptek.com/ <---

I wore Multicam in Afghanistan and they match better with our boots than the current ACU but OCP is a one uniform solution in which the Army is trying to get away from. Where are the transitional OCP patterns? Because there are none.

Again, I am hoping for US4CES since that has proven in tests to beat MARPAT and OCP. Since the Corps did not want to play fair and wanted to be stingy with their pattern; it would be nice to have a uniform that is better than theirs and will look better than theirs as well. So let us see what happens.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of MSG W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AutobahnSHO:
quote:
Originally posted by SFC W:
I have the new PTs. I've had them for a couple weeks.

Very comfy?

(ps nice smile in the new pic.) Smiler

LOL I figured I should have a face after all these years!

I think they are comfortable. I love that the shirt is thin and not like the current ones. I'm not used to the spandex yet.

They may change, too. We wear them for 45 days and give feedback, so who knows. I am happy with them, don't like the color.

Posts: 404 | Location: Ft. Lewis, WA | Registered: 30 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of JOSHFREE
posted Hide Post
Black and yellow?

I got nothing.

Posts: 308 | Location: WA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
As long as we still need to wear reflective belts...God forbid they take away the emblem of modern warfighting.

Posts: 364 | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of JOSHFREE
posted Hide Post
They actually cut out the reflective material in the uniforms due to the fact that all Services wear the PT Belt anyways. Saved a crap ton of money on production.

I got nothing.

Posts: 308 | Location: WA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triwall:
As long as we still need to wear reflective belts...God forbid they take away the emblem of modern warfighting.

Soldiers were sweeping/mopping inside our BDE HQ with PT belts the other day.
(CSM said they wear them the WHOLE. TIME. they are on the detail, inside or outside...) Smiler

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of MSG W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHFREE:
They actually cut out the reflective material in the uniforms due to the fact that all Services wear the PT Belt anyways. Saved a crap ton of money on production.

Yep, that is exactly what they said. They are black with yellow writing.

These with the bottom middle shorts and the black shirt with the yellow ARMY on the chest.

Posts: 404 | Location: Ft. Lewis, WA | Registered: 30 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hellz
posted Hide Post
im going to get my shirt 1 or 2 sizes small so it hugs my beer belly and shows my belly button.. and the shorts im going to get as small as possible that females that wear bootyshorts will be jealous..

for PT, ill stand around licking my finger and sticking it in my bellybutton!!

be sweet if i can get a yellow shirt instead of the black one.. might as well stand out

Posts: 185 | Registered: 13 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Awful. So is it black and gold writing and gold with black writing as well?

By the looks of the winter PT uniform; the yellow shirt will look better.

Picture of JOSHFREE
posted Hide Post
What do you think about the Jacket and pants? One good thing about the old sweat set was they did a decent job of keeping you comfortable barring 0 degree temps.

I got nothing.

Picture of MSG W
posted Hide Post
Everything is black with gold writing.

Can't comment on the pants; I haven't worn them. The jacket is OK, it's super light and keeps you dry.

Picture of JOSHFREE
posted Hide Post
Right on. Thanks for all the updatesSmiler

I got nothing.

Picture of JOSHFREE
posted Hide Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHFREE:
http://soldiersystems.net/2013/05/30/us4ces-images/

us4ces

That is what I am hoping will be the winner but three weeks tentatively left. Honestly, the Army should of just went with the AOR patterns but the Navy got a hold on them. So, it seems that the idea now is to make every branch as similar as possible without actually using that service's uniform.

Picture of JOSHFREE
posted Hide Post
The Marine's are actually waiting to see which pattern wins and there is a possibility they will adopt the Army pattern. Why? Because the uniform the Army chooses will have been Scientifically proven to be the best uniform to conceal our Countries warriors. I wouldnt be surprised to see a congressional mandate for all services to adopt the camo considering the sequester and the ammount of money the Army put into this thing. You cant say its pride either The Marine digi's were adopted from the Canadians in the first place.

I got nothing.