Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEW UNIFORMS!!!!!
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
If it were up to me, all uniform changes would cease.

There is no reason to change a PT uniform that is effective as it is.

Posts: 68 | Registered: 29 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of erikwithak86
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHFREE:
The Marine's are actually waiting to see which pattern wins and there is a possibility they will adopt the Army pattern. Why? Because the uniform the Army chooses will have been Scientifically proven to be the best uniform to conceal our Countries warriors. I wouldnt be surprised to see a congressional mandate for all services to adopt the camo considering the sequester and the ammount of money the Army put into this thing. You cant say its pride either The Marine digi's were adopted from the Canadians in the first place.

Which was adopted from a pattern that NATICK threw into the trash and then reused with Urban Track colors to make UCP.

Posts: 707 | Registered: 18 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of JOSHFREE
posted Hide Post
Other then the fact that we have had it for the last 10 years and there have been drastic improvements in moisture wicking materials. Not to mention there is no need to continue to spend boatloads of money on reflective material that is unnecessary when we all wear a PT belt anyways. This is a positive change. The camo improvement effort contributes to the survivability of our fighting force. In the PT realm it increases Soldier comfort and endurance by having a lighter weight moisture wicking material. It’s a win win. ACU pattern sucks. Current PT's suck compared to what is available on the civilian market. This is a good thing for our military. We are moving forward and it’s about time.

I got nothing.

Posts: 308 | Location: WA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
http://soldiersystems.net/category/camo/

Another story on Multi-cam/Scorpion.

Again, I am glad that they are changing the camo but it probably take two years to finally wear it. haha

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of JOSHFREE
posted Hide Post
Yea no doubt itll be a little bit before we see them on the shelves of clothing and sales.

I got nothing.

Posts: 308 | Location: WA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of JOSHFREE
posted Hide Post
Huge letdown today. Expecting big uniform announcements and nothing happens. Turns out they also killed the new carbine competition. Happy Bday Army.

I got nothing.

Picture of erikwithak86
posted Hide Post
They didn't kill the carbine competition per se, what I read on soldier systems was that no competitor managed to make it to the next round, however a part of the new NDAA it is stipulated that the Army conducts the carbine competition so...no idea where that goes from here.

As for the uniforms, also from soldier systems, none of the competitors were informed who won, which was essentially the writing on the wall that no announcement would be made. The competitors would need to be informed so that any can petition the result, file a motion to have something reevaluated etc. Now imagine that the army announced that a particular pattern won, then a loser petitioned and the decision was reversed and changed. That wouldn't turn out too well.

I'm not holding my breath waiting to hear who won.

Posts: 707 | Registered: 18 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of JOSHFREE
posted Hide Post
Yea they stated that none met the criteria which I can understand. Its cheaper just to upgrade the M-4. As far as the uniforms went the decision not to publish was based on the new legislation put forth requiring all services to wear one pattern by 2018. Maybe will hear something in October. Still a bummer.

I got nothing.

Picture of JOSHFREE
posted Hide Post
So the Army finally published something about the new PT's. There were a large number of concerns such as the breathability of the shirt and the color selection especially coming from Soldiers stationed in the South and South East black is definately not a good color for those locations. My big gripe is this. You redeveloped the PT's with input from the industry in regards to light weight wicking material yet you dont have a complete phase in for 5 years? what was the point there is bound to be revolutionary breakthroughs in fitness&sports wear. Id give it 12 months at a minimum, bump clothing allowance a hundred bucks and have it completely phased in by Fiscal 2015 not 2018 like their talking about. Or keep the current design and phase in the new materials and changes? Oh well Rant complete. Really hope we see a new announcement on the ACU replacement soon. Rant complete.

I got nothing.

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Josh,

Where was it published about the new PTs? Is it a new article? If it is, can you post the link please?

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Disregard Josh. I found them on the SSD website

http://soldiersystems.net/blog...013/07/download4.jpg

http://soldiersystems.net/blog...013/07/download4.jpg

IMHO, they are awful!! I always thought that U.S. should be added to Army because I have always seen downrange; Iraqi and Afghani people wearing our Army PTs. Black and Gold should stick with West Point. I would have preferred a greenish or tan color uniform but I forgot; we cannot even remote resemble what the Marines wear but we can have similar colors at the Navy and Air Force.

posted Hide Post
What a wonderful photoshop job on those pictures.

Posts: 15 | Registered: 04 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of JOSHFREE
posted Hide Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Nearly official that multicam is the winner

http://soldiersystems.net/2013...ent-page-1/#comments

Picture of SGT Harris
posted Hide Post
Looks like it may finally happen. Folks seem a little crazy in the comments, I'm not sure why every seems to think that if the Army selects Multicam that there won't be any other variants though. Anyway, I'm just glad to be seeing UCP going out the door.

Pro cura militis et eis qui militem curent

Posts: 36 | Location: Fort Belvoir, VA | Registered: 25 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post