ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  General Discussion    Is it agains army rules to be a communist?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is it agains army rules to be a communist?
 Login/Join

Picture of Father Bowden
posted
Ive been curious about something for a while, Is it against army rules(and/or punishable under ucmj) to be a member of the communist party of america. And if so isnt that conflicting with the polical freedoms given to us as american citizens?
also im not stating that communism is a good thing or a badd thing, so please no anti,or pro, communism arguements.

Posts: 13 | Location: Ft Hood, TX | Registered: 06 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You will be unable to acquire a security clearance approval if you state or show proof that you are a member of the Communist party. There are several questions that ask "are you a member of any foreign or domestic group that views or holds views against the United States?" I think it was also in the enlistment paperwork to identify if you were a member of any political party.

Posts: 225 | Location: 513th MI BDE, Fort Gordon, GA | Registered: 06 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr_areola:
Ive been curious about something for a while, Is it against army rules(and/or punishable under ucmj) to be a member of the communist party of america. And if so isnt that conflicting with the polical freedoms given to us as american citizens?
also im not stating that communism is a good thing or a badd thing, so please no anti,or pro, communism arguements.
Mr_nipple: What provokes this question if you don't mind me asking?

"an Army Linguist" - Resources and more about being an Army linguist

Posts: 2327 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Father Bowden
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 35M3L00PF:
quote:
Mr_nipple: What provokes this question if you don't mind me asking?

it became a topic of debate between myself and a few fellow soldiers after one of my ncos harrased me about an artical of clothing, a t-shirt with a hammer and sicle and the letters cccp on it, that i was wearing.

Posts: 13 | Location: Ft Hood, TX | Registered: 06 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of MACma
posted Hide Post
Well here's what I think.....

You can identify with what political party you want. But if your planning on staying in the military you'll probably never see a DA selected rank, you'll never hold a security clearance and depending on how verbal you are about it i.e. wearing those kind of shirts you'll get alot of flak about it. It's just the nature of the beast. Now I have told a PVT to take a anti-Bush bumper sticker off of her car before she got into trouble before but it also showed him getting shot in the head. She couldn't understand what the problem was, so i told her to go look at her chain of command again. lol Personally I don' think it's worth it.

Posts: 89 | Registered: 14 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of MACma
posted Hide Post
Wait a minute....Dude your in Korea!!! Of course you caught hell for it!! What were you thinking? lol

Posts: 89 | Registered: 14 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
Why the hell would you wear a commie tshirt?

Posts: 2327 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of medic75
posted Hide Post
Yet again the problem with this "New Army" Soldiers want to discuss everything instead of just shutting up and acting..NCO harassing you harass is a big word, and I am sure he was not harassing you. If so call IG. Stop wearing the shirt. I believe that you should be able to tailor your wardrobe to not cause issues, especially in a foreign country. You represent the rest of the USA when there we do not endorse or like Communism,we fight it. Be a professional soldier.

68W Instructor

Posts: 56 | Location: Ft. Sam Houston  | Registered: 01 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Seems like communism is a popular topic recently. Either way, though America isn't communist, there's no law against being one or liking the idea. There's an American communist party. We fight for freedom, including the freedom to be a communist if you want to.

Darn those "thinking" soldiers anyways. Why can't they ust let the NCO's decide everything for them?

Posts: 50 | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Father Bowden
posted Hide Post
once again ill state, im neither for nor against communism, it was a vintage tshirt there where no political reson for me wearing the shirt. I also would have understood if the nco would have not acted the way he did especialy seeing as how i was in the berraks at the time. Also i feel im a very professional soldier but i shouldnt have to tailor my wardrobe to please some old guy who still thinks the cold wars going on. i thought i was an american with freedom of expression and whatnot, not some one ruled by a facist dictatorship

Picture of SSG. T
posted Hide Post
yes you are american, but you are also a Soldier. Take a good look at the organization you are a part of, the military is by far the finest example of communism filled with dictators. Freedom of speech is a right enjoyed by those who do not, can not, will not, or no longer defend that right. That's the price of being a Soldier. By wearing a shirt like that you are a walking billboard for what it represents whether you support it or not, that's the reality of it.

Posts: 566 | Registered: 29 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
quote:
once again ill state, im neither for nor against communism, it was a vintage tshirt there where no political reson for me wearing the shirt. I also would have understood if the nco would have not acted the way he did especialy seeing as how i was in the berraks at the time. Also i feel im a very professional soldier but i shouldnt have to tailor my wardrobe to please some old guy who still thinks the cold wars going on. i thought i was an american with freedom of expression and whatnot, not some one ruled by a facist dictatorship
So do you mind if I wear a tshirt with Hitler and the swastika on it? It's vintage, I swear.

posted Hide Post
Are you serious? You're comparing communism to Nazism? That's by far the most ridiculous, albeit ignorant comment I've read to date.

Posts: 50 | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NotWorthIt:
Are you serious? You're comparing communism to Nazism? That's by far the most ridiculous, albeit ignorant comment I've read to date.
So you are saying that the amount of people Stalin exterminated was not nearly as many people as Hitler exterminated? Or should we add in the other numbers of people exterminated in COMMUNIST China, North Korea, etc as well?

# of Deaths as a result of Hitler/Nazism < # of Deaths as a result of Communism/Stalin

Just in case you weren't paying attention in history class. Note that I am not comparing ideals/tenets of either form of government.

You're the cool guy supporting the idea of wearing a communist tshirt and calling me ignorant and ridiculous. Big Grin

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
Stalin: at least 20 million (although many sources state as many as 30 million)

Hitler: approximately 11 million (6 million Jews, 5 million others)

Hmmm..... Roll Eyes

Ever think that the communists and their symbols connotate just as much if not more oppression/death as Hitler and fascism?