ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  NCOER    Part III of the NCOER
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Part III of the NCOER
 Login/Join

posted
Ok so I am a 91X4O (Maintenance Supervisor) currently working as my unit Operations/Training Room NCOIC/HQ PSG but IAW our MTOE, we are not slotted for that position. My duties and scope reflect the operations duties but my principle duty title is for the Battalion Motor Sergeant which is a 91X4O slot. A different NCO is already filling the Battalion Motor Sergeant slot but he is a 91M4O. My CSM is kicking back NCOERs for this exact reason (not matching) and I am about to submit mine and would like it to not get kicked back. Any recommendations or advice. Please do not quote the DA PAM or the reg because I am very familiar with them. Thanks

Posts: 5 | Location: Fort Leonard Wood, MO | Registered: 18 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You unit needs to fix this on the MTOE. If you are are the BMS, you should being that job. If this other guy is, he should slotted in your MTOE slot and you somewhere else. I know this isn't all that helpful, but it is a crap position be in. Units really screw people over doing this. Commands should not make up positions that don't exist for this very reason.

Posts: 259 | Registered: 23 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I saw units move people around like this when a relief for cause would normally be warranted. If you were the senior NCO by DOR, then you should have been in the position. If not, call HRC and get on orders out of there.

Posts: 52 | Location: Fort Benning, GA | Registered: 07 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post