ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  NCOER    4/4 rating.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

4/4 rating.
 Login/Join

Picture of Public_Health_Huh?
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSarge442:
I don’t know you, and I don’t know your situation,

This is the only part of your post that made any sense at all.

To maintain any bearing at all, SARGE, this is all I'm going to say in response to you.

Have a nice f**king day.

Not going to lie....your online attitude REEKS of unprofessionalism. You should conduct a self-assessment before you start attacking other NCOs. Just saying.

Certainly, if you do indeed have "ammo" against this officer, more power to you, however, respect goes both ways. Where are the days of being the bigger person? Do you forget that you represent the NCO Corp?

Geez.... Big Grin

Posts: 200 | Location: Presidio of Monterey, California | Registered: 23 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
I expected better from the NCO ranks. Then again, they'll promote anyone these days.

No, not everyone because you're never going to get promoted again or at least for several years.

Bottom line is you're garbage and I just thought you should know.

Posts: 468 | Registered: 08 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Not at all.

I will not forget, nor will I allow my comrades to forget...

I'm just saying, I expected better, particularly from a damn E-7. Here they come in here, making assumptions. I'm trying to bite my tongue somewhat on the situation, because the appeal process and the lie-filled memo she cooked up against me to build her case, a document that I'm rebutting, is still in the beginning stages.

You go your whole NCO career getting 1's and 2's (I got a 2/1 the year before, being brand new at the position, working out of my MOS), then in she comes, acting like she owns the place, rubbing everybody wrong in the process, thinking I'm going to sit back and accept a 4/4 lying down? If my work is so bad, why does she take credit for some of it (or tried to, I'm rebutting some of that, too)? Everything I do has to go through and be approved by her. Any ideas posed to her gets shut down without a thought? Take initiative on something? Ummm, that's a NO-GO in her book (I got counseled for taking initiative one time). Other leaders come to me for taskings (bypassing her because she's a pain in the ass to deal with) and she gets made AT ME for them doing that, as if I have control over senior NCO's and Officers.

These jokers don't know. I'm telling you. As far as calling someone 'Sarge' on an internet board, that, is informal for the most part (we could be anyone behind these computers...a PVT posing as a 1SG, for example), can't be that big of a deal. If I'm talking to a senior NCO live, of course I go through the proper protocol. Too much (seemingly negative) assumptions are being made here, without even knowing the half of it.

Posts: 24 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 19 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Real good there, Barbarian.

I'm proud of you.

Posts: 24 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 19 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
First, I'm a SFC not an E-7

SFC Martinez is SFC, not Sarge.

The reason you are garbage is not because you can't address people properly or just their screen name but, he presented valid legit points to you but you can't handle it.

Then, in order for you to maintain your bearing, you tell him to have a nice F'ing day?

Yea, you've maintained your bearing

Picture of Public_Health_Huh?
posted Hide Post
Question: If you got counseled on taking the initiative, why did you not seek guidance from fellow NCOS or your 1SG or somebody, anybody who could have spoken to your CPT and said: "Ma'am, this counseling is a no-go, will not fly."

If there are so many issues with her leadership style, why did you not use the commander's open door policy? The CSM's? Why take all of this and NOT say anything?

Posts: 200 | Location: Presidio of Monterey, California | Registered: 23 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Valid points. I should've raised the issue prior, but I've had leadership that was abrasive and ended up with a good rating. This 4/4 really blindsided me considering what I do, not only for my own unit, but others as well. I'm one of those real 'go to' guys for what I do.

Seriously, who would you give a 4/4 to? PT failures, seriously overweight types, someone who's been in legal trouble, or those who've endangered others through negligence or loss of sensitive items or something. None of that applies to me. I worked too damn hard this rating period for that BS, day and night, short notice, weekends. I'm there on crutches one time for an event. Seriously.

With a one-sided story, the perception can be depicted as truth. I'm not going to let that happen.

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Delusion Of Grandeur Smiler

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheWiseChief:
Delusion Of Grandeur Smiler

Hey, that's a good description of her.

Thanks. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
a "4" is a fair performance that represents NCOs who may require additional training/observation and should not be promoted at this time.

It doesn't mean you are weak, a 4 is a neutral rating.

posted Hide Post
Does that make you feel better?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheBarbarian1532:
Does that make you feel better?

Not at all. The review board won't see it that way. My only hinderance is her.

posted Hide Post
What rating do you think you deserve and why?

What have you done this rated period to support such rating?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheBarbarian1532:
a "4" is a fair performance that represents NCOs who may require additional training/observation and should not be promoted at this time.

It doesn't mean you are weak, a 4 is a neutral rating.

What would you do if you got a 4 and felt that you deserved better?

You would do like any other NCO and raise hell.

posted Hide Post
I would never get a 4, and that's just me being completely honest.