ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  NCOER    appeal 4/4 due to permanent profile
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

appeal 4/4 due to permanent profile
 Login/Join

posted
I have four herniated discs in my back and have a permanent profile. I just received my NCOER, it is all sucess except Physical Fitness. It says I led Soldiers on Profile through ruck marches and made sure soldiers participated in Sergeant's time training, I met uniforms standards, but I am unable to perform duties due to profie. My block is checked under Needs Much Improvement. I am in process for my MEB. Would this normally rate 4/4? I have five previous NCOERS that regulary showed Excellence and Sucess and only once had a 3 after a heated discussion with a former plt sgt, the rest so 1/2 or 2/2 including statements such as "Profile does not hider performance". I had mentioned that I wanted to try and get healthy instead of constintantly hurting myself more. I didn't even recieve my 2166-8-1 until almost 4 months after I checked in. I am highly considering appealing this, but I don't know if it's worth the fight. Any ideas? If you want: beckbdb@yahoo.com

Posts: 2 | Registered: 09 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That doesn't look right to me. If that's all there is, appeal it. QSP is not something to be playing around with.

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
Talk with the Senior Rater and everyone up the chain.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
No such thing as a bad NCOER due to a permanent profile. Your NCOER cannot make any references to your profile since that is discriminatory.

Please read the regs at http://www.armyg1.army.mil/eo/docs/ar623_205.pdf

read page 23 in the pdf

You are an E-5 getting boarded so I dont see why the career killer NCOER will be provided unless there are other issues you are not telling us.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AutobahnSHO:
Talk with the Senior Rater and everyone up the chain.

Senior Rater gave him the 4/4 lol

Picture of 98C40_35N40
posted Hide Post
You can only appeal the NCOER after it is signed and honestly by then its too late.

Your only chance is to get with your rater, senior rater, and review to try and flush it out.

Sorry to break it to you though, if all three of those in your rating chain agree with the 4/4 and how the NCOER is written there wont be much you can appeal.

Check 623-3 on the appeals process and you will see that there is really little you can do it all three parties are on the same page.

Good luck to you, but you might be facing an uphill battle.

NCO's Lead The Way!

SFC Nick Martinez
B Co, 3rd MI BN (AE)
Camp Humphreys, KOR

“I am the punishment of God... If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” ― Genghis Khan

Posts: 273 | Location: HQ J2, USSTRATCOM, Offutt AFB, NE | Registered: 20 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The wise Chief, I am telling you everything. I'm not one of these jack wagons who hide stuff. I wouldn't have mentioned my medical condition if I was going to do this. In this unit if you can't conduct cross fit training, you're a dirtbag. I guarantee you've seen units like this. There is a quote of "need a duty that caters to profile." This here shows that it's more or less punishment. Oh I almost forgot, you can shove your lol, maybe you're not as wise as you think. Here is a problem within the services, you ask for help and there's always someone who allegedly out ranks you and wants to take a dig or talk shit. Thanks for the professional help Sir.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 09 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Well, I was not mocking, digging you or talking shit about your situation but from personal experience; leadership will tell a different tale compared to the rated NCO, so no need to tell me to shove it. I was just giving an honest opinion and advice and provided guidance for you to check the regs.

You are right that I am not the wise know it all but I been around the block and in the Army for more than a day to witness and experience the stuff you are currently experiencing. And FYI, I have a permanent profile myself due to a leg injury in Iraq and attended WOCS afterwards and participated in group PT. Yes, my situation is different that as a warrant, my leadership allows me to PT on my own. And since they give me that privilege, I make sure that I always pass my PT test.

Have a nice day.

Picture of E.M.R.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheWiseChief:
Well, I was not mocking, digging you or talking shit about your situation but from personal experience; leadership will tell a different tale compared to the rated NCO, so no need to tell me to shove it. I was just giving an honest opinion and advice and provided guidance for you to check the regs.

You are right that I am not the wise know it all but I been around the block and in the Army for more than a day to witness and experience the stuff you are currently experiencing. And FYI, I have a permanent profile myself due to a leg injury in Iraq and attended WOCS afterwards and participated in group PT. Yes, my situation is different that as a warrant, my leadership allows me to PT on my own. And since they give me that privilege, I make sure that I always pass my PT test.

Have a nice day.

Very professional...

Posts: 2 | Registered: 25 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by E.M.R.:

Very professional...

Very pointless. ^^

That discussion was how many months ago??

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Illernoise
posted Hide Post
I remember my first time on a forum...

Posts: 660 | Location: Ft. Drum | Registered: 16 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post