ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  NCOER    Physical Fitness & Military Bearing NCOER
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Physical Fitness & Military Bearing NCOER
 Login/Join

Picture of Soldier60
posted
Just how far does a Soldier have to go to get an Excellence in the PT section of the NCOER?

Most Soldiers with a 60 60 60 would recieve a Success but with so many units making their standard 250 it seems to be an up hill battle to get an excellence with 85 85 85.

Is 90 90 90 the undisputed line or are my experiences different than others?

Posts: 145 | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
270 or above normally, but I have seen excellence given to NCOs who develop a PT program that improves PLT scores to a certain standard or help a certain number of Soldiers get off remedial for low scores or HT/WT. Just depends on the rating chain I guess.

Posts: 33 | Location: Fort Bliss | Registered: 22 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yep. 90, 90, 90 is pretty much what it is to get that EXCELLENT.

Gotta STEP IT OUT on that run. That's what got me one time. Came up 2 points short. That's the way it goes sometime.

Posts: 24 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 19 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Depends on the raters ncoer philosophy
No where is it published the standard for excellent block

Most people and csm will swear it's 90/90/90

But I disagree, the ncoer is the raters option of the rated sm throughout the rates period if he fells his physical fitness and millitary bearing are excellent then why be bound by the BS 90/90/90 rule?

Posts: 12 | Registered: 21 February 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post