ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  NCOER    No more "Promote Now" bullet??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No more "Promote Now" bullet??
 Login/Join

posted
I am due an annual NCOER... My 1SG is saying that there has recently been a change and that in the senior rater bullets we no longer use the EX. "promote to SFC now" bullet. I have been to S1 and asked them, the only change they are tracking is guidance that we now do quantifiable bullets with the promote now. EX. "promote to SFC now; 1 out of 12 squad leaders in company". The senior rater has also said there is a change and my NCOER now states "one of the best squad leaders in the company" .... No promote to anything. I have searched for any information, but cant seem to find anything in writing. I have asked my 1SG for the information where he got this, but he has yet to provide any. Can somebody give me some NCOPD on this subject PLEASE!! lol

Posts: 2 | Registered: 15 July 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
And where is your senior rater on this?

Here is the PAM that you should read.

http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/p623_3.pdf

Also, get on to S1NET on the Milbook website to post your question.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JC12:
The senior rater has also said there is a change and my NCOER now states "one of the best squad leaders in the company" .... No promote to anything.

I have already searched the DA PAM and the only real thing I can find is:

3–7. Part V...... "overall performance and potential for promotion/service in positions of greater responsibility (senior rater)."

This really doesn't clarify one way or the other. Yes, it mentions promotion, but there isn't anything in there that is concrete.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 15 July 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
How many excellent bullets do you have? That is crucial as well.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of EL Jefe
posted Hide Post
There is no real black and white on using the Promote now bullet. I am assuming your 1SG is just planning ahead with the the new NCOER guidance coming out in the future. Plus, the "Promote to SFC now" bullet is such a cut and paste bullet these days. Read all the AAR memos issued out after every senior board. Bullets should be more expressive about the individual NCO. Bullets that would gab the readers attention more than the standard promote now bullets you see across the army. Bullets are going to look more like officer bullets pretty soon. EX: "Ranked 1 out 10 squad leaders in my company, promote to SFC now" or "the best platoon sergeant in the company, select for promotion to SFC immediately." Just examples of bullets to use vs the standard cut and paste bullets Being used everywhere.

Posts: 52 | Registered: 25 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
We had an NCOPD a few months ago and our BN CSM told us the same thing. I don't think it is an actual change to the DA PAM or anything. The best I can guess is that it was listed in the notes from the selection board. There was a big fuss about it here, but in the end there were no more "promote now" or "promote ahead of peers" bullets.

Posts: 33 | Location: Fort Bliss | Registered: 22 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post