ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  NCOER    When should ncoer be due?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When should ncoer be due?
 Login/Join

posted
Ok. I got my last NCOER in Feb 09. I pcs'd to Fort Gordon for reclass in April. I graduated in Sept. I have my 1059 for that period. I pcs'd to Germany. My question is should my ncoer be due in Feb 2010 or one year from when I pcs'd to Germany? Any information and the regs to back it would be helpful. Thanks in Advance.

Posts: 70 | Registered: 16 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
mikkimouse,

from experience NCOERs are done annually. so your next one will be due feb 2010. However, some units dont ever have them on time but they are suppose to be done annually. And NCO counselings should be done quarterly, but again this doesnt always happen either.

Posts: 127 | Registered: 25 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That's what I thought. But my 1SG and Platoon Sgt are telling me different. They are telling me that my next one wont be due until next Sept/Oct time frame. I have the AR but I need the paragraph number to show them that it would still be due in Feb 2010. Anybody out there that can help me with this please.

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
Depends- you could have closed out the NCOER when you started school, then started another from when you finished school. Or they could go one year from your last actual NCOER, putting in a school code.

Plus you also had a PCS in conjunction. I personally would have tried to leave out in April with a 'complete the record'.

I would ask the orderly room to get with S-1 and see what their preference is, asap. Also, get w/ your rater and be ready to have one turned in next month.

_----------------------------------_
PS- congrats on surviving Gordon. How was it? Smiler

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5282 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
i survived plus i was in class with pfc douglas, pfc bush

posted Hide Post
mikkimouse,
First your old unit owes you a change of Rater NCOER for the time if it was 90 or more days prior ro your PCS.(AR623-3 para3-44b1). After that you new unit can take up the rating starting in Sept. until Jan.31 when normally the NCOER's are due.
The time spent in your reclassification course can be covered by a Academic Evaluation Report-AER(DA Form 1059). If you are not exactly sure though I would talk to your PSG/1SG they should be able to give you more guidance.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 10 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
AR 623-3,Chapter 3, Section VII...

You have to actually read it, there is not a clear cut statement to answer your question.

The only time an NCOER may exceed 12 calender months, is when you do not serve at least 90 days under the same rating scheme, at the end of the 12 months.

You should receive an annual NCOER From 1 March 2009 and thru date 28 Feb 2010. You will code the two months after your annual to PCS and the school time as unrated time with appropriate codes.

You will have 5 months unrated and 7 months rate time if you remain under the same rating scheme.

It took me less than 5 minutes to find the section in the AR, just throwing it out there.

Posts: 209 | Registered: 25 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post