ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  NCOER    Unrated time question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unrated time question
 Login/Join

posted
My annual NCOER was completed and processed in June...I left for ALC and was there until 6 August, then left to Army Recruiting Course 27 October. I will return to my unit 15 December just to clear and go on PCS leave; so between ALC and ARC I have less than 75 days in my unit. According to AR 623-205 rated time has to be 90 days or more so in my case what would I need to cover the unrated time since I am not due an NCOER....

Posts: 68 | Registered: 04 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Shouldn't need anything. WHen you get to your new unit you will have an extended in annual with unrated time for the periods you described. Also, you should use AR 623-3 as it is the regulation that now covers all this. The one you listed is no longer on APD.

Posts: 531 | Registered: 10 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
What if your unit gave you an annual instead? My unit insisted back in 2010 when I showed up of giving me an annual on schedule.

Do you think this would be cause for concern on my board file?

For example:

I had an annual NCOER covering me until Jun 21 2010.
Then I had SLC and some other TDY.
Arrived with no NCOER, just unrated time to Ft Bliss in November.
Received an annual NCOER with 7 months of rated time Jun 21 2011.

It's too late now, just curious. Obviously I was right and they were wrong, just wondering how bad this could affect my look at MSG? It's a superb NCOER, it's not like it's blank...

"an Army Linguist" - Resources and more about being an Army linguist

Posts: 2327 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
I should mention I would have gotten a change of rater the following month. IE - I would have a COR with 8 months of rated time and would not have made it to 12 months of rated time.

"an Army Linguist" - Resources and more about being an Army linguist

Posts: 2327 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 35M48V4PF:
What if your unit gave you an annual instead? My unit insisted back in 2010 when I showed up of giving me an annual on schedule.

Do you think this would be cause for concern on my board file?

For example:

I had an annual NCOER covering me until Jun 21 2010.
Then I had SLC and some other TDY.
Arrived with no NCOER, just unrated time to Ft Bliss in November.
Received an annual NCOER with 7 months of rated time Jun 21 2011.

It's too late now, just curious. Obviously I was right and they were wrong, just wondering how bad this could affect my look at MSG? It's a superb NCOER, it's not like it's blank...

I tried but CSM said no...instead he stated to get an extended annual...What worries me is that for the first 6 months in Recruiting duty I will not get an NCOER...

Posts: 68 | Registered: 04 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have a question about unrated time. I was a DIMA soldier before being placed into the IRR. My last NCOER was classified SECRET//NOFORN and as a result, when I came off IRR months later, I do not have the NCOER nor the means to display it to my new Chain of Command. In the past, for a promotion packet, my Commander provided a memo marking my presence and activity for about 30 days. This time however, is a longer period of time (6-ish months). I am also due an initial counseling, having rejoined a TPU unit. So, now with the background, what needs to be completed to mark my unrated time? What regulation can I consult? During my period of IRR I also attended ALC on orders through HRC - if that helps or factors.

Posts: 1 | Location: NoVA | Registered: 05 June 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post