Reply to "51C Information"

quote:
Originally posted by Corvette1140:
Sweet Jesus it sounds hard as hell. What would be a good source of info before a person went to the course, like a textbook, AR, or FM? What happens if a person washes out of the course? Do they get one more shot at the class (kind of like a recycle) or do they become needs of the Army and involuntary reclassed? Or do they just go back to their last MOS?

There really isn't anything you can study as the course isn't taught to an "Army" standard. It is based off of DAU (Defense Aquisition University) which is a federal standard that all aquistion personnel must adhere by as far as training requirements. This includes Program Management, Test and Development, Software Acquisition personnel etc.

There are courses through DAU that you can take that will cover the material taught in the course, but it won't give you any edge in the class.

While the class is difficult, the way it is graded it is hard to fail out of. I know of only one individual who has failed out in the past year. I'm not sure what happened to him.

You can do extremely poor in the individual exercises, but typically it the groupwork that will carry you through. My group for example, was myself, a SSG, MAJ, CPT, and a DA civilian. We spent a lot of time together over the 8-9 weeks.