Reply to "Advice on making it threw BCT and AIT"

I went to Sandhill July 17th 2010, and didn't leave until July 31st 2011. I saw four companies of recruits come and go, about 65 chaptered. D 1-50. For over a year I lived in the BCT enviroment, late in September of 2010, I broke my leg, and fractured the hell out the other... Away from my new wife for a year waiting for a RTD. It was the most depressing year of my life. Everyday I woke up wishing I hadn't, with my morale in the negatives, I pushed on, only motivated by my refusal to quit, all my DS's joked that I was too stupid to quit.

My SDS was an SFC Psy-Ops. Rumored to be the worst, most degrading in Benning. We heard stories of companies being allowed to goto the PX and get candy and sodas for completling 'Red Phase'. @seven, no Nutrigrain or milk here, try 50% Fireguard, full battle rattle with 30 minute intervals. Not saying this is anything like the 70's, I'm sure you all have comparatively horrific stories. Just stating that some companies still do it the right way.

With my RASP contract cancelled due to the 2011 Cadet influx to BAT, as well as them being knocked down to one C-130. (Was awarded me, not contractual). I wanted so badly to quit, but love for my adopted country drove me on.

I'm not trying to talk myself up, by any means. I'm merely trying to show you that there's even worse to what you expirienced. That there are people around here that went through 20x what even I did. And even though I was there for 4x longer than I was supposed to, I wouldn't change a thing. I wish my SDS knew how much I appreciate his hatred, as it drove me to strive for more. I did it for me, but also, in spite of him. And he knew this.

IF you do manage to make it back, just know that that the Diploma itself makes it all worth it.

Good Luck.