Reply to "BCT FT Benning 20100405"

quote:
Originally posted by SGT. T:
You're lucky enough to be coming into the nicer, kinder Army. You'll get to drink poweraid and perhaps even have a day to go to the MWR facility and have pizza and candy. However Ft.Benning is God's way for reminding you that there really is such a place as hell, and the big orange ball in the sky takes every opportunity to pour two scoops of "suck" on every soul in BCT at that God forsaken post. It really doesn't matter what time of year you go; the winter will kick your ass, and freeze you and your canteen solid, the summer will bake everything within a 50 mile radius, there's really no gray area, you will either be miserably hot, or miserably cold. BCT at Ft.Benning is one of those experiences that you come out of thinking, "Being a POW wouldn't be so bad compared to this". I look back on it now and laugh, but I'd never want to do it again. The best part about it, was afterward you are certain that there is no one on the face of the earth that could beat you in a fist fight, and for the most part it's true. You go through so much agony during BCT, that you could take a kick in the sternum from a mule and it would tickle, lol. In all seriousness, it will suck, but you'll be head and shoulders above your peers in AIT for the experience. You'll be way more disciplined and just plain better than them in every way.

Haha i'll take whatever hellish time at BCT I get. At this point I just want to do it and get it over with so I can move onto AIT and get that done. 9 Months DEP at this point in time can do that though i suppose. I'm not going when Georgia will be at it's worst so theres some small gratitude to be had and at the end of the day it's just 9 weeks of my life. I'll take rough weather over fluorescent lighting any day of the week.