Reply to "Do YOU want to know what Military Life is 'really' like?"

quote:
Originally posted by sysalis:
quote:
Originally posted by SFC_Mac:
I think you could have worded that a little more tactful, instead of basically saying ALL recruiters lie.

That's a good point. I glanced at the website and noticed that too but didn't think about it at the time.

My recruiter back in 2006 didn't lie to me about anything. I know a lot of recruiters that didn't/don't sugar coat anything and they still get recruits.

I can only speak for the recruiter I had. I've found that the NCO's who read my blog tend to get upset when I use less-than-satisfactory words when describing any component of the military.
I do not speak in political correct terms in the book or blog because my mind is completely de-militarized and I'm recalling events from memory as i remember them without being restricted by any 'rules'

This is why I constantly refer to the current sources of information about Army Basic Training and Military Life 'half-truths'.

Life is nothing but prospective. So you can listen to the recruiters prospective, or you can listen to my completely honest prospective.

The website is aimed at my personal experiences in the Army. If you want to share your own personal experiences of having a completely 'honest' recruiter, than maybe you should start your own blog up as well.