Reply to "Sr. Rater Option"

quote:
Originally posted by RRT-NPS,CPFT:
Per the regulation, your Senior Rater will be the immediate supervisor of your rater. How is it that your rater (1SG) has an immediate supervisor that is not even located on the same continent as they are? Why is your rating scheme not following the guidance of Para 3-45?

Unfortunately you're not comprehending. My 1SG is not my rater, a CPT is. I'm deployed and we are the most Sr. SOF guys here. We're not going to have someone completely outside our COC rate us and certainly won't have DoS do it. Not everything in the Army falls nicely into place with a squad, PLT, CO, BN, etc.

quote:
An NCOER is not meant to help an NCO it is supposed to provide an evaluation of performance and potential. So the Senior Rater exercising the option for an eval should be all the reason needed.

I'm not talking about the NCOER "helping". I was talking about Sr. Rater Option "helping". I know what an NCOER is and isn't supposed to provide.

quote:
I would suggest that the reference to geographic location is for the unit (i.e. deployment) not the individual.

Wrong.

quote:
How do you suppose someone write an accurate evaluation report of an individual on the other side of the world?

It happens. How do you suppose an ODA team leader gets an eval? Or his team sergeant? Not everything in the Army falls nicely into place with a squad, PLT, CO, BN, etc.

quote:
Me personnally, I really wouldn't care about getting a 10 COR over an annual unless I had something brewing up and I really wanted it on that NCOER to make it stronger, like completing a course, school or earning a degree.

It's not that I really care. It's preference. As WiseChief said, a letter of continuity would work nicely. I get along with my Co. well. Not a big deal...it is what it is, not seeing the logic but I don't have to.

@WiseChief, +1,