11B with 7 months left on contract, Warrant Packet (153A) 90% complete????

I have already completed my AFAST (115), Flight Physical, Have a 127 GT, Resume, and about to go and get my LOR from a CW4. My big issue right now is that the only way that I am really interested in continuing my career is as an aviator, but I do not have the one year TIS left to submit my packet. I had just spoken with a WO recruiter earlier today and he said that the 1yr TIS is un-waiver able and I would have to either reenlist or ETS and apply as a civilian. I really don't have any qualms with ETSing and applying if I knew that it would not hinder my chances of selection (whether through a recruiter being unfamiliar or the break in service looking bad in my packet). I was wondering if anyone has dealt with this particular circumstance in the past, or knows how this might affect the selection of my packet.
Original Post
Thanks for the not-so-sharp sharpshooting on my grammar MP. As far as why I waited so long for putting my packet together, I first actually got the idea of submitting a packet after deployment. It took me a while to get in the physical, clearance packet, raise my GT(didn't really take the ASVAB seriously in high school), and find time between training rotations. I am really kicking myself in the ass for letting work get in the way of my physical and having to reschedule multiple times. But, all of this is no excuse and I should have researched it earlier and gotten better informed.

I was typing this on a phone earlier and definitely missed some spelling. 109 on the AFAST was supposed to be 115. Not a heck of a lot higher.

Add Reply

Likes (0)