11b

Get yourself a copy of FM 7-8 and start reading! Also, PT is the first training event of the day. So, you might score a 300 on the APFT....good for you. But, can you carry 100lbs of junk on your back, up and down the terrain on a "movement to daylight" and then have enough stamina to conduct the attack at the end? Pain and discomfort is the infantryman's way of life. No truck to ride in, no tent to get in when the weather is not to your liking. It's a very hard life. Are you ready for this?
SGT Mac,
If you can march 12 miles with full ruck, K-pot & rifle a score consistently in the top half on the PT test, shoot expert & most off [i:228b6739d1]can lead my son who can[/i:228b6739d1] then we want you. My son will graduate from Infantry OSUT on 14 MAY.
Good luck in any decision you make.
Top out.
As far as the shooting, rucking, and PT are concerned; those are all great attributes for an infantryman to have, but really only a small portion of the job. The most important things to have are attitude, initiative, and the ability to improvise.

Operations never work as they are planned, every grunt has to be able to adjust in order to make the mission work.

Also be prepared to be offended. Insults are how we show we care, and no subjects spared (i.e. your mother is fair game)
[i:5b26ee1a00]Also be prepared to be offended. Insults are how we show we care, and no subjects spared (i.e. your mother is fair game)[/i:5b26ee1a00]

Offending people is my way of life, ie. letting them see the bright blue Infantry cord on my Class A let them know who runs this sh*t!
P.S. Leave my Mother out of this...
When I first enlisted I was parachute rigger for a LRSD. After a while I didn't think the life was for me and I soon left to go to a combat engineer battalion. And now I'm deployed with a personnel detachment. I've definitely learned my lesson. I want to reclass infantry too. But I don't know whether to go 11B or C and whether to go to a light or mechanized infantry unit. Any suggestions would be helpful.

I've heard from many infantryman that its a hard life. And I don't doubt that one bit. I want to do it because its hard. I've been coasting the last few years with the units I've been in. Its time for a challenge.
those of you who are reclassing to CMF 11, kudos to you...i too will be joining you on this quest when my reenlistment window opens up. for those of you who provide us with your knowledge and advice, thank you. for those of you who tell us, "you dont want to do it", think again. some of us may actually enjoy a challenge, some of us may want the chance at some schools we would not otherwise be able to attend while serving in other MOSs. so please do me this favor and keep the negativity to a minimum. thanks in advance

stay motivated and never give up on reaching your goals!
[quote:a9fbcfb022="regular_guy"]those of you who are reclassing to CMF 11, kudos to you...i too will be joining you on this quest when my reenlistment window opens up. for those of you who provide us with your knowledge and advice, thank you. for those of you who tell us, "you dont want to do it", think again. some of us may actually enjoy a challenge, some of us may want the chance at some schools we would not otherwise be able to attend while serving in other MOSs. so please do me this favor and keep the negativity to a minimum. thanks in advance

stay motivated and never give up on reaching your goals![/quote:a9fbcfb022]

Exactly, a challenge keeps things going and you never seem to tire out then.
[ 8)
I've been airborne/inf. mechanized/inf. straightleg inf. my advice to you is try it you may like it but come in with a good attitude clear mind , fit body and the willing to be all that you can be. HOHAA!

b][quote:a082168e23][code:1:a082168e23]
    [color=blue][/color][size=18][/size]
[/code:1:a082168e23][/quote:a082168e23][/b]

Add Reply

Likes (0)