255A WOBC

I am at Gordon and the single/geos stay at Ring Hall or live off-post. We study there and have the free buffet on Wednesday/Bingo night. That is where the 25As stay at too. The video is below.

My class is graduating soon, so if you are looking for an apartment off-post (take over my buddy's place) in July, PM me. He lives out of Gate 5 and I am out by Gate 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQYjMYCSeX4

Picture of Ring Hall = http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hot..._Gordon_Georgia.html

It is by the pool. If you were enlisted as a 25 series (I was not), I know you are already familiar with Gordon.
No problem. A couple of AD in my class left their family at their present duty location. But one is stationed in Japan and another up by D.C. I wanted to bring mine because I missed so much time with them during my years away due to deployment.

I will be here for 7 more weeks. If you get here before that time, we will be in the same morning accountability formation. We have it three times a week. I am on a four-day now and it feels good to relax. I am seeing X-Men tonight.
TheWiseChief

I still need to attend WOCS which is 6 months out. I was just trying to gather info ahead of time for my families sake. I dont know how much time i can miss in class helping my wife with the triplets which is why i was gonna send her home and try and get barracks or lodging while in school.
quote:
Originally posted by Will-I-am:
TheWiseChief

I still need to attend WOCS which is 6 months out. I was just trying to gather info ahead of time for my families sake. I dont know how much time i can miss in class helping my wife with the triplets which is why i was gonna send her home and try and get barracks or lodging while in school.

Does she drive and do you have a second vehicle? I do not know where you are at now and how much BAH you are currently receiving but my comrades in class who left their family home are paying 400 bucks out of pocket a month for a small apartment.
quote:
Yes she drives and we have two vehicles, right now we are at Ft. Belvoir. 400$ isnt so bad if I have too.

You will get BAH based at Gordon which is a $1000 less a month (but your base pay is going to get a big boost), so you have some decisions to make.
Hey Will-I-am, I am stationed in DC at the White House. I will be attending WOCS July 16th. My wife is going to stay in the area while I attend 255N WOBC. I got my "BAH waiver" approved so that I can continue to get my D.C BAH while I am at school in Augusta. If you have any questions with that process let me know. I am going to get an apartment at Fort Gordon when I get there in Oct.
quote:
Originally posted by Mk407:
Hey Will-I-am, I am stationed in DC at the White House. I will be attending WOCS July 16th. My wife is going to stay in the area while I attend 255N WOBC. I got my "BAH waiver" approved so that I can continue to get my D.C BAH while I am at school in Augusta. If you have any questions with that process let me know. I am going to get an apartment at Fort Gordon when I get there in Oct.

How long is 255N school? When I went through WOBC at Gordon in 2008, 255A was a PCS and 255N was TDY. 255N WOBC was not longer than 5.5 months.

I am curious if that has changed.

EDIT: I just saw this old thread and I guess it was changed to a PCS

http://community.armystudyguid...1093521/m/6067041716
Hello, everyone. I have the same question and dilemma as Will-I-am. We have decided that my family will stay here at Ft. Sill. But I am looking for a possible female room mate, as I am a female. Even advice on GOOD/SAFE apartment areas to stay in would help; ultimately I'm trying to avoid paying 2 rents. @ $400 is ideal. Does Ring Hall take geo-bachelor's?
quote:
Originally posted by JSilver:
Hello, everyone. I have the same question and dilemma as Will-I-am. We have decided that my family will stay here at Ft. Sill. But I am looking for a possible female room mate, as I am a female. Even advice on GOOD/SAFE apartment areas to stay in would help; ultimately I'm trying to avoid paying 2 rents. @ $400 is ideal. Does Ring Hall take geo-bachelor's?

I believe they do but I lived outside gate 2 in Grovetown and had some buddies get a small apartment for 400 bucks outside gate 5 "in the hood" where gun shots were heard at night.

There are also homeowners that rent out rooms and you can always visit the Larry Miller Century 21 in Evans for info.

BTW, I saw a member on this board that is now a WO1 at Gordon. It was pleasure to meet that person.
quote:

I called the 442nd to try and find out more info about Geo-bachelor quarters but no one seemed to know or be able to help. If you find anything out can you let me know? TIA
quote:
quote:

I called the 442nd to try and find out more info about Geo-bachelor quarters but no one seemed to know or be able to help. If you find anything out can you let me know? TIA

I just left off-post. Tomorrow, I will take a swing around Ring Hall (I am going to the pool nearby lol) and ask.
quote:
Originally posted by TheWiseChief:
quote:
quote:

I just left off-post. Tomorrow, I will take a swing around Ring Hall (I am going to the pool nearby lol) and ask.

Thanks any info is much appreciated.
I was told that since those lodgings are now privatized, the approval has to come from the schoolhouse since they payment will come from them.

So, the best thing is to engage them. If you PM me, I can give you the name and the number of the civilian that works at C Co. and can provide you that answer.
When went through the 250N WOBC in 2006 I was already stationed at Gordon and living there with my wife. While the schedule itself was busy, I still had a fair bit of time to spend with her. That being said, there were times where my classmates had the advantage because they could do nothing but study and work on stuff where I was trying to spend time with the wife too. If it's just you and the wife, probably not to bad. If you have kids too.....it may be a different story.
quote:
Thanks for that outlook Mr. Ward I appreciate it.

When I went the 255A school in 2008, it was a PCS due to the length of the school. I had nice housing on-post and it was great to have my family. If your orders state it is a PCS; then PCS.
I forgot to mention, that the level of studying will depend on your knowledge and skill set. With Cisco, I arrived home by 1700 and played with packet tracer and the class modules all night. On the other hand, our honor grad played video games the whole time he was at school. Haha
Who said it is strongly discouraged? Because I would disagree with that.

I left WOAC this year and lived off-post and it was much better living off-post than on. I lived in Grovetown.

And this was for the 255S course which is much harder than WOBC and it is encouraged that you bring your family.
I am here at WOBC now as a 255N, if you don't have very good router skills or networking skills I would say leave your family back. I Left my family back in the D.C area while attending school. The Cisco portion of the course is fast pace and will require you to study a whole lot. We normally get out of class between 1600-1700. As soon as I get home we have homework which consist of reading one to two chapters for the next day and you will be taking an exam almost every night. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Add Reply

Likes (0)