25P Transition Timeline

So today I recived a powerpoint with a 25P/25S merger timeline that lays out the transition through 2016 starting 2011. According to the graph a 25P/25S retrain school will be used for SL1-SL3 that recieve a Y2, Y3 identifier for transition.

According to the graph those that do not fall under the Y2, Y3 identifer will be needs of the Army.

I was a 25F before i became a 25P (go figure!!) and I have been through a transition period before where I was forced to reclass through retention. I'm really wondering how you will be chosen for a Y2, Y3 identifier?

This timeline I saw is very aggressive and I hope it doesn't mess up these MOS's and make me hate myself for not going 25E.
Original Post
Yea i'm really bitter about that because I loved being a 25F and really didn't want to change. As soon as I did i was promoted in reclass school and 25F became a star mos because they realized they were still using MSE and needed 25F.

Does anyone have a comment on my original post about Y2, Y3 identifiers?
Could you hook me up with that PP? I am scheduled for ALC in July and wondering which ALC I would get, the old or new one. So you are saying if you don't get a y2 or y3 you have to reclass, or forced to reclass? What does the y2, y3 Id mean anyway? I am confused. If you can send that PP to me I would really appreciate it. jerald.stapleton@us.army.mil
quote:
Originally posted by Jroc021:
So you are saying if you don't get a y2 or y3 you have to reclass, or forced to reclass? What does the y2, y3 Id mean anyway? I am confused. If you can send that PP to me I would really appreciate it. jerald.stapleton@us.army.mil

Y1, Y2, Y3 are listed as "tranistion" codes on the ASI List. Means you are in a period of transition because of a MOS change. Those in transition will be that way until they learn both 25P and 25S because they will be merged when all is said and done.

But some could be forced to reclass because it happened when I was a 25F and I came to this stupid stuipd MOS.

I send that PP to you.
Yeah I got it thanks. My only question, How will they determine who gets the Y2 and who doesn't?? Once again looks like a crap shoot. So the unlucky ones won't get the Y2 and the army says we need you to be a cook?? Wink I report to ALC 25 or 26 July finish 1 SEP. So if I get the Y2 I will just have to go to the Transition course not ALC all over again. But the Transition courses dont start until Oct next year. I wonder how that is scheduled?
So far what I am reading of the merge between the papa's and the sierra's is for the most part correct. There is a little more to it though, If you are a 7E, you will need a EL score of 116 on your ASVAB (depending on test date) to be looked at for the merge to 25S7E. also you may be a 7E, and not be looked at due to being slotted as a 7D. Timeline is currently off a year though as from what I have recieved as info the ERB's will not start getting flagged till 1 OCT 2012. So if you have to retake your asvab you have time to do so. As for 7D's ...besides some being handed of to need's of the army, some will be handed off to 94E. Yeap that is correct....and I do have that in writing also. Also if you have had ALC/SLC from what I am seeing in the slides you will just go back to Gordon for the 5 month transition course, If you need those courses you will attend them then do the transition course. Also ....do not be looking for promotions within the papa field anytime soon as we are over our numbers on E-5 and E-6 both...E-6 by roughly 30....E-5 by roughly 80. My recomendation....If you are in your reenlistment window at the moment and want to reclass outside of the 25P/25S field, then take advantage of the situation. But be aware if you reclass to 25S...you will end up going back to Papa school when the merge comes through. THIS IS NOT SET IN STONE AND COMPLETELY APPROVED YET!! IT IS STILL IN THE APPROVAL PHASE AT THE MOMENT. Any questions shoot me an e-mail. I will try and keep the information flowing as I get it.
Alot of Soldier are confused I guess about this transition and think 25P's are getting the raw end of this deal.

25P's will be flagged until they complete the 25S transition course. Likewise, 25S's will also be flagged until they complete the 25P transition course or NCOES.

Just to clear that up.
If you look at our in/out calls (25P) all this adds up. Doesnt look like any promotions will take place for SGT or SSG any time soon. Also looks like even after the transition, the SGT and SSG slots should be still full do to the combination of 25P/S slots.

Does anyone know if a Soldier re-takes the ASVAB and gets a lower score, does the lower score or latest score officially count? Im guessing that is a yes question, but I qualify for 25S in all categories except one, EL.

It would suck to retake an ASVAB to get a higher EL score but lower scores in other areas.
I have the slides if you still want them, but from what I am reading the merge was denied. I am a 25P who just went to the board last month and became promotable. I for one am happy that the merge is not official yet, now if our points could just go down to around 625 that would make my day lol!
With the official denial, anyone guess if our points for E-5 will drop anytime soon? I am promotable with 523 but if you look at our last years promotion chart we have been maxed at 798 the entire time.

Confusing considering that when I joined this MOS it paid a 40K bonus and was a Star Mos, now 30 months in when its time to get promoted, its over strengthed and rumors of a merge.

Piss poor planning on the Army's part if you ask me.
quote:
Originally posted by Full Metal Elf:
With the official denial, anyone guess if our points for E-5 will drop anytime soon? I am promotable with 523 but if you look at our last years promotion chart we have been maxed at 798 the entire time.

Confusing considering that when I joined this MOS it paid a 40K bonus and was a Star Mos, now 30 months in when its time to get promoted, its over strengthed and rumors of a merge.

Piss poor planning on the Army's part if you ask me.

Part of the problem is that the points were bottomed out for a long time, other Soldiers saw this and jumped into the pool.

I missed 350pts back in Oct2002. I boarded in Dec2002 and got picked up with 499pts in Sep2003. SSG with 650pts in Nov2005.

Since then they would stay maxed out then randomly drop every 4-6months or so. In 2008 they were very low, we had a bunch of 25F SGTs jump in and mess it all up LOL.

With the upcoming drawdown and bad economy they will be higher they were than in past years...

Add Reply

Likes (0)