31 Bravo- MP

I have also heard that Leonard Wood isn't that bad anymore. How old are you? I was 28 when I joined. I just switched from the Reserves where I worked in supply to the National Guard where I'm reclassing to MP. I have been told I will not be doing my training at Leonard Wood. Instead, I will be training for 2 weeks at Camp Dawson, West Virginia. The rest will be OJT. I feel like I am getting ripped off. Is this even legal? Will I actually be awarded an MOSQ cert for this type of training? I asked if this was just something temp, I was told no, I will not see L Wood unless its for the 2 week AT.
You make some interesting points, Doshaza. I hear you on the K9 thing. That's the reason I hesitated to go to the school. But the mental stability could go all kinds of ways. It could apply to the entry team as well. It could apply to Infantry snipers. It could apply to anybody placed in a traumatic situation. And also, if you have an ASI, and perform that job at one duty station, it doesn't mean you'll perform it at every other assignment you get.

Take Drill Sergeant. Once you get off the trail and PCS, you won't be a DS at your next duty station. So why give them an ASI?
Great thread. I know I'm jumping into this kinda late, but just thought I'd share a few thoughts. Garrison MP units, they do still exist, mostly in the reserves and guard. I'm in one, so I'd know, lol. To anadivine, when I went to leonard wood in 03, days were long and fast. I would say that for myself, portions of ait were more mentally draining than those of basic. Lots and lots of forms. But that's what they make pure edge and form flow for. Gotta love those computer programs. And yeah, Law Dogs are pretty much hated, but what are we gonna do? Oh yeah, our jobs. That's what the Army pays us for. Assist Protect Defend!
Noticed this thread was kinda old...but figured I'd jump on anyway..I just got swore in on the 17th of July and have a ship date of 25th of July. now I know this is like completely off topic, I know BCT grants x-mas exodus...is AIT the same the way since it's OSUT training?
i saw that this is an old thread but im posting anyway Smiler Im headed to ft leonard wood in oct, unless a space opens up sooner. Im hoping for sooner.
Do they give you an option on if you want to be a field mp or a garrison? I really want to be a field mp. And do they give you the option of going airborn, air assualt, or scuba when you get to ft leonardwood?
Good luck in OCT. It will be getting cold then and it sucks there in the winter!!

As for Airborne or Air Assualt, you could have asked to have that in your contract if I am right. I have heard of people doing it but I am not one for jumping from semi good planes.. Notice the words SEMI GOOD Smiler

As for Scuba I have not heard of any MO doing that. I am sure it is able to happen just never heard of it.

Field MP, guess that would be in or was me for a little while. You will of course go to the field and you should still get to work the road so if you like that then field is the way to go. Garrison, they erally only do road work, that's mostly where your MPI, and traffic work.
Actually, the regimental SGM put out that the focus of the MP corps is reverting back to garrison. I know here at Sill, we do A LOT of garrison work. Just got off of swing shift actually. And we still have Traffic, MPI, CID, DST, and K9 rolling around. You want to be a field MP, go to Campbell or get attahed to a BCT. You'll have your field time then. Careful what you wish for... Wink

And why would you want Scuba? Totally irrelevant to the biz. Focus on schools that would matter to an MP.
quote:
Originally posted by Daddy Warcrimes:
MPs are not Infantry.
http://www.goarmy.com/JobDetail.do?id=47
http://www.goarmy.com/JobDetail.do?id=98

If an MP and a grunt are doing the same job, chances are the grunt is doing the MP's job.

I tried to post a comment on your daddy warcimes blog the one about the idiot but it wouldnt let me. Im new in the Army and feel strongly about it and what we work for.
My comment on the idiot blog post was:
Wow This man or group is stupid. Jesus Christ was born a "JEW". And if he dont want us to protect him, his family, and people he loves then get the crap out of America. We fight for what our country stands for and why everyone comes over to America...for freedom, for protection, and for all the things that America has to offer. You dont have to walk out your door having to be worried about a war going on in this country and worrying about getting shot. Dumb people and they more dumb opinions just need to keep it to themself. What would that idiot be saying if he woke up one morning and our government was took over and heno longer has the freedoms he does now like getting to say his stupid comments with out getting killed, he would feel pretty dang stupid. Does he not think that we would love to know that we would get another day with our family, or to see our kids just one more time,or maybe just enjoy one more peaceful day, but know we have to fight to know that what we believe in is protected. And when I saw we I mean the men and women of the United States Military! Thanks
quote:
Originally posted by henson31bravo:
quote:
Originally posted by Daddy Warcrimes:
MPs are not Infantry.
http://www.goarmy.com/JobDetail.do?id=47
http://www.goarmy.com/JobDetail.do?id=98

If an MP and a grunt are doing the same job, chances are the grunt is doing the MP's job.

I tried to post a comment on your daddy warcimes blog the one about the idiot but it wouldnt let me. Im new in the Army and feel strongly about it and what we work for.
My comment on the idiot blog post was:
Wow This man or group is stupid. Jesus Christ was born a "JEW". And if he dont want us to protect him, his family, and people he loves then get the crap out of America. We fight for what our country stands for and why everyone comes over to America...for freedom, for protection, and for all the things that America has to offer. You dont have to walk out your door having to be worried about a war going on in this country and worrying about getting shot. Dumb people and they more dumb opinions just need to keep it to themself. What would that idiot be saying if he woke up one morning and our government was took over and heno longer has the freedoms he does now like getting to say his stupid comments with out getting killed, he would feel pretty dang stupid. Does he not think that we would love to know that we would get another day with our family, or to see our kids just one more time,or maybe just enjoy one more peaceful day, but know we have to fight to know that what we believe in is protected. And when I saw we I mean the men and women of the United States Military! Thanks

You're in the wrong place. Get this nonsense out of here.
quote:
Originally posted by 214MP:
I almost forgot. As far as asi's there are none for mp's, just the basics that everyone else gets (airborne, airassault, scuba, etc.). Also, in a sense mps are infantry on wheels when it comes to being in the field and while deployed which is like I said, the only reason I became an mp. Don't ever mistake the difference though because both mos's have their are one in their own. Infantry does things that mp dont do and vice versa. Both MOS's have a very strong espirt do corps for their bretheren, their own history where men ,and for mp's both men and women, have given the ultimate sacrafice for their brothers through corageous acts and devotion to duty. Both mos's also have their own valuse, beliefs and traditions. I would like to say in closing that I believe we all are one team. I accept and respect and MOS and any Branch of the military because every uniform has U.S. and we are all fighting for the same cause and eachother. You never know who it will be behind you as you look the enemy in the face that will be the one that may save your life that day.

k9 is an ASI (Z6)
quote:
Originally posted by HeatherRayburn:
quote:
Originally posted by 214MP:
I almost forgot. As far as asi's there are none for mp's, just the basics that everyone else gets (airborne, airassault, scuba, etc.). Also, in a sense mps are infantry on wheels when it comes to being in the field and while deployed which is like I said, the only reason I became an mp. Don't ever mistake the difference though because both mos's have their are one in their own. Infantry does things that mp dont do and vice versa. Both MOS's have a very strong espirt do corps for their bretheren, their own history where men ,and for mp's both men and women, have given the ultimate sacrafice for their brothers through corageous acts and devotion to duty. Both mos's also have their own valuse, beliefs and traditions. I would like to say in closing that I believe we all are one team. I accept and respect and MOS and any Branch of the military because every uniform has U.S. and we are all fighting for the same cause and eachother. You never know who it will be behind you as you look the enemy in the face that will be the one that may save your life that day.

k9 is an ASI (Z6)

yeah so is MPI school...V5

Add Reply

Likes (0)