35 series reclass

I am going to ask for a reclass. I'm reserves and actually drilling while I should be IRR. If I reclass to 35F or 35G do I have to go to Arizona for this or is there a shorter reclass school? I have 4+ years in. I should actually say I am going to re-enlist because that's what I will be doing not just a reclass.

And if I have to go to the Full AIT in Arizona are prior service treated differently?
Original Post
https://www.atrrs.army.mil/

Do you have the appropriate clearance?

Many times schools do not recognize statutory obligation as applicable to the service remaining requirement. You may be asked to extend.

My recommendation is to obtain the proper clearance, transfer to the IRR, then transfer directly into the 35F (which is more often will-train) position. This will convert your statutory obligation to SELRES and you shouldn't need to extend. Then when you come to reenlist, you will still be 1st term where with an extension you would be career.

Did you finish WLC? It's required now for a bonus.
quote:
Originally posted by Daddy Warcrimes:
https://www.atrrs.army.mil/

Do you have the appropriate clearance?

Many times schools do not recognize statutory obligation as applicable to the service remaining requirement. You may be asked to extend.

My recommendation is to obtain the proper clearance, transfer to the IRR, then transfer directly into the 35F (which is more often will-train) position. This will convert your statutory obligation to SELRES and you shouldn't need to extend. Then when you come to reenlist, you will still be 1st term where with an extension you would be career.

Did you finish WLC? It's required now for a bonus.

What do you mean by "More Often will-train." I wish I had done WLC. We were deployed and training for 17 months So I have not gotten it. I have finished SSD1 and just waiting. My UA says they may not have spots for the rest of the year for WLC. That sounds bogus to me, but I don't know.I have a secret and held a TS years ago as a contractor so it would not be a problem for me.
The term "will-train" for these purposes means you may be reassigned to that position without prior DMOS qualification. In order to transfer from the IRR to a non will-train slot, you must already hold the MOS, SQI, and ASI.

If you can get to the school without extending, that would probably be the best option. Unfortunately I've had too many troops in that situation who call me from the school house needing a 4836.

Add Reply

Likes (0)