35F School

Thanks LBeezy, I have been dancing around it for a while now and they finally came out with an exception so FY13 ets dates can re-enlist early if they are deployed, so it made me eligible. Now my only problem is that we are being sent home early from the deployment b/c of the draw down and I want to go to school as soon as I get back, but of course, the whole brigade is on a stop movement. So I have to work to get that lifted when I get back to the rear.
Well, I am reporting to school next month and I'm very excited Smiler The only problem is I haven't received an ATRRS message or any other type of course information...not even a packing list. I can't find any info for the school on the Ft. Huachuca website, and the info I got off of the ATRRS website said to go to the Intel Knowledge Network website but I didn't find anything there either. Where can I look to get info or how can I contact the school?
quote:
Originally posted by ArmyWife~N~Soldier:
Well, I am reporting to school next month and I'm very excited Smiler The only problem is I haven't received an ATRRS message or any other type of course information...not even a packing list. I can't find any info for the school on the Ft. Huachuca website, and the info I got off of the ATRRS website said to go to the Intel Knowledge Network website but I didn't find anything there either. Where can I look to get info or how can I contact the school?

Congrats on the 35F! I'm no 35F but, I have worked with a two every good 35F in my career both females. One decided to leave the Army at 25 with no college degree and is working in Virgina also served in Afghanistan as a Civilian for a year as a contractor.

There is couple non-traditional units out there for MI so keep your eyes and ears open if you are motivated like that.

Good luck!
Frost, thanks for the advice. I plan to get out shortly after my re-class as well. Obviously I have to serve one term but then I plan to do it on the outside. I'm working through my degree in Intel Analysis as well so I'm hoping with both the experience and the degree I can make some $$ on the outside.
Hello. Mountain Warrior here from the 4/4 but downrange now. I wish I was back at Carson enjoying the summer after I PCSed last fall over there but oh well. Another tour downrange.

Anyway, talk to your career counselor, schools NCO for info. Is this school TDY and return or you PCSing to somewhere else? Find out if you need a 1610.
quote:
Originally posted by TheWiseChief:
Hello. Mountain Warrior here from the 4/4 but downrange now. I wish I was back at Carson enjoying the summer after I PCSed last fall over there but oh well. Another tour downrange.

Anyway, talk to your career counselor, schools NCO for info. Is this school TDY and return or you PCSing to somewhere else? Find out if you need a 1610.

Hey there Chief, steadfast and loyal! We came home on the draw down last December and the Career Counselor who did my paperwork is still on block leave b/c the rest of our BN just got back. I am technically PCSing, but I'm coming back to Carson and to the same brigade. So it's TDY and return, just to a different unit. I went to a levy brief and the guy there said I need a 1610 from my schools NCO but I don't think he knows what he's doing. Was I supposed to receive any type of information from the school yet?
From personal experience; I never received anything from the school per say; just went to the website and saw the new welcome information.

Schools NCO needs to be on top of that. When I went to BNCOC; I had to go to the Division G3 so perhaps you can talk to one of those individuals to assist you.

I was supposed to go to 2BCT but got moved to 4IBCT for the deployment. My buddy Calub deployed with 2nd for 4 months. I can never catch a break like that and we still have late deployers with 4.5 months left. lol
Chief, the short deployment was nice but honestly I asked to stay. It was my first and I didn't feel like I should be sent home vs people who have deployed 3 and 4 times. But that's above my pay grade I guess.

I am coming back to 2nd BDE but I'd rather go to a BDE going back to Afghanistan. We are set to go to Kuwait and I'd rather be in the 'Stan.
ArmyWife, i am not in the 35's field, but i just finished my re-class. You will not get anything from the school...e-mail or anything like that. You should have by now the e-mail from ATTRS with your school reservation...that is all you get. Anything else you will get from your S-3, they should give you all the info and papers (1610) you need. About the packing list, and other things you will need to get with you to school, you should get that from ATTRS, if they don't give you too much info there (like mine, they have almost nothing there), they should direct you to another site. They should also have a phone number for the /school/class manager, try to contact him/her, they will be able to answere all your questions. Good luck!
Work on learning symbology and map reading. Learn about weapon systems, what they do, how they do it, ranges, etc.

Honestly, when I went through the course it was a 96B and 15 years ago so I'm not much help.

You will learn link diagrams, pattern analysis and other things that help you flesh out terrorist networks.

Just realize that 35F is all source and there is a pretty strong security side to the job that isn't taught in school-arms rooms, security clearances, security regulations and inspections.
Does anyone know an instructor or have a contact with this school? I still have no packing list or necessary documents and I don't want to show up missing something important. I found the unit page on ikn, however the packing list just said, will be updated, and all the phone numbers listed just ring. I don't like to go into things blind, especially something this important to my career. Anybody know anything or have a working phone number?

Add Reply

Likes (0)