35p SOT-A

There is not much info on the internet about SOT-A.

How do I get in and is there a selection process?

When I spoke to the branch managers last, they told me with my language Spec. and being airborne I would be slotted for SOT-A. My current position Senior Scout Observer prior to that RTO to Scouts. I would like to get into that position as a Crypto Linguist.
Original Post
You won't find hardly anything because the nature of the business. The majority of it is on SIPR or the high side. I have two CJSOTF-A (Combined Joint Special Operations Task Force-Afghanistan) deployments. Just came back from my last one in April.

I can tell you that working with SOT-As and ODAs is what made me want to reclass to 35P. I also hope to end up there (in about two friggin' years. Stupid Arabic). Since you are already Airborne and I assume a PT stud, you should be good to go. At some point during your training, the SF and 75th guys should come around and that is when you get to impress them. No selection process that I am aware of. I base this off my conversation with actual SOT-A members, take it for what it is worth. If I were you, I would go down to 5th Group's GSB and talk to some their guys to get some first hand info.

Add Reply

Likes (0)