68W ait question for prior service

I am active duty Army about to ets into NG 68W. I am looking for current info on ait. Living arrangments, classes basic ait life from somebody who has recently gone through the course. Also if possible a packing list so I can prepare. Thank you for any info you can provide.
Original Post
I went through the course in 2006 as a SPC. Hopefully it hasn't changed too much since then. My first week was spent in a reception company in an open bay with all the other male prior service. During that week no one was allowed to go anywhere and we were marched to the DFAC. Reception is a big joke. After we completed reception we were sent across the street to our company. Living conditions and personal freedom varied from company to company. All the prior service in B Co. lived across the street two to a room, or above BN HQ two to a room. Some of my friends in C Co. lived in an open bay with other prior service soldiers. Our platoon was all prior service and foreigners and our class had the same make up,except for three or four IET students that were dumped into our class. You will PT as a company four to five days a week. Coming from an enviroment where I was running about 20-25 miles a week, PT was a joke to me. But I did see a few prior service get broke off by the PT sessions. After the National Registry Exam(week six or seven)platoons were reorganized so that IET and prior service were together, with prior service serving as platoon sergeants and squad leaders.
In B Co. prior service were able to go out and do whatever the heck we wanted to after class. We were never on lockdown, and were rarely ever required to eat at the DFAC. Some of my prior service buddies in C Co. were on lockdown for two weeks before they could do as they pleased. It's very easy to get in trouble down there. The IET females are nothing but trouble, and if you are caught associating with them it's a wrap. There's a lot to do in San Antonio, maybe too much. Just among prior service, we had two females get pregnant, two others fail a urinalysis, and one guy got a DUI. We also had quite a few people who were facing a divorce when they left.
As far as a packing list is concerned, all I brought with me were 4 sets of ACU's, two or three sets of summer PT's, one set of winter PT's, my class A's, ACH, LCE, two sets of boots, and a fleece jacket. Almost every thing we needed was issued to us.

Add Reply

Likes (0)