A.D.D...... HELP!!!! PLEASE ANY INFO IS WELCOME!

HI I'VE BEEN IN THE MISSISSIPPI ARMY GUARD FOR THREE YEARS AND I RECENTLY RETURNED FROM OIF A FEW MONTHS AGO AND DECIDED TO GET STARTED IN COLLEGE. DURING GRADE SCHOOL I ALWAYS HAD TROUBLE WITH GRADES BUT I WAS ABLE TO GET BY. MY MOTHER WANTED TO GET ME CHECKED OUT FOR A.D.D. WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL, BECAUSE SHE HAD IT AS WELL, BUT I WOULDN'T BECAUSE I WAS ALREADY ENLISTED IN UNDER A SPLIT CONTRACT AND WAS NEARLY DONE WITH SCHOOL, (ALSO THEN I WASN'T INTERESTED IN COLLEGE.) ONCE STARTED IN COLLEGE I DID GO GET CHECKED OUT AND WAS PRESCRIBED ADDERALL AND MY GRADES ALMOST IMMEDIATELY IMPROVED. HOWEVER, SOON I WILL HAVE TO NOTIFY MY CHAIN OF COMMAND BEFORE I END UP FAILING A DRUG TEST. WHEN I NOTIFY THEM DO I HAVE TO FEAR BEING DISCHARGED? I LOVE SERVING MY STATE AND COUNTRY, BUT THIS NEW IMPROVEMENT IN MY ACEDEMICS IS A THRILL I'VE NEVER FELT BEFORE.... PLEASE ANYONE THAT KNOWS ANY INFO PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND ANY "AR'S" ARE WELCOME!!!!
Original Post
ASGAdmin, He said he recently returned from OIF. I know its kinda hard to see with the all caps.

Anywho, if you were prescribed it by a physician like you say, then you will not have any problem passing a drug test. You should most definetly let your chain of command know about it tho. It may have an affect on your job also.

Add Reply

Likes (0)