A little nervous... could use some help

Short story shorter, I leave for MEPS Monday at noon. I'm fine with everything, the only problem I have is the blood test. I've never been a fan of needles, as I got older I grew to not have a problem with them, but I've never had my blood taken so I'm pretty nervous. A nervous to where it makes my stomach completely flip. My girlfriend has been telling me it's okay, and I know it will be, I watched her get her blood drawn just a few months ago when she was pregnant, I'm just nervous I suppose about it being on myself. Any tips to relax for this? Thanks all!
Original Post
That is true. Thank you. I'm trying to just relax and cross that bridge when it comes. Hopefully all will be fine and those who do the blood draw will help me through it. Thanks nremtp and OTNCO. I always get worked up, I almost passed out when I was 13 from a tuberculosis shot, but then felt like a p***y when I actually got it, noticing it felt simply like a thorn, lmao.
I'm a medic and I HATE needles!!! I don't mind sticking someone else but when it's my turn I feel a bit nervous. I actually watch the needle go in when I get my blood drawn because you can see that although the needle seems big, it barely goes in just beyond the bevel.

Add Reply

Likes (0)