Agree/Disagree

I appologize if this has already been answered but I just want to clear up some confusion. I am giving an NCOPD and I had to brief my 1SG on what I was going to discuss and one of the topics is the session closing on a DA Form 4856 (giving a counseling class). I guess the understanding of a lot of NCOs is that if a Soldier Agrees or Disagrees, they are doing it for the Administrative Data but in FM 6-22 it states that the Soldier understands and agrees with the proposed plan of action. I cannot find anywhere that states that they are agreeing to the Admin Data. This seems to be a misunderstanding among a lot of NCOs including seniors and I was told to redo my presentation because I said that they are agreeing or disagreeing with the plan of action. Am I missing something? I appreciate the help

SSG S
Original Post
On a DA 4856, the Agree/Disagree is actually for a soldier to check as far as the substance of the counseling (i.e. Was what was on the counseling the actual stuff that was gone over during the session)

As for the admin data thing- It's the signing of a NCOER by a NCO that constitutes the agreement that the Admin Data is correct.

Add Reply

Likes (0)