ALC Failure?

Im asking this because I do not know. I was in transition from a MTOE unit to a compassionate reassignment to a MEPS. The MEPS said they wouldnt enroll people in schools. I called the USASMA and asked to be enrolled in common core. When I went to my Blackborad, saw the AMEDD ALC dL. I tried to access it, and it said it was closed. I competed Common Core. I'm not sure what's going on with it. I tried to get in and I couldn't. Does this mean that I have failed this course, and while watching my daughter battle a cancer she almost lost her life to I also runied my carrer. I have never recieved any counseling on the matter, I have called the HRC ALC lady she said go through my S3, my S3 does not know anything, just a shoulder shrug. Any information would help
Original Post
You got me wrong. I called the USASMA about common core. They told me they could put me in. I asked my 1sg and he said it was kosher. I got in and finished it in three weeks. When I went to my training I also saw the phase one from a while back. I had tried to access it once before I pcs'd. A few times while at my new unit and then recent found someone that could explain it that I was enrolled. I wasn't notified like I was for common core. Before I was released early from theater I told my old unit to drop me from all my classes. But it still shows on my active enrollments and couldn't get into it
I called the HRC ALC lady and she said I have to talk to my S3. Two days ago our new S3 guy showed me the ins and out of ATTRS, thats how I found out what it is. I tried to call my branch manager and he is never there. I spoke with the USASMA people. They can only handle common core. My PSG confirmed about an hour ago what I thought, I didnt log in or register, so it's like a no show for an actual resident course, you get dropped, counseled , and have to find a new date if your command lets you. Sorry about the confusion. I have been very proactive about my career, did my CC and SSD3 pt tests over 290. I don't believe in laying stagnant, so you might see my frustration in this phase I. I still thought it was resident hours
Yeah, I apologized... you've been checking the blocks correctly... PSG, S3, HRC ALC, USASMA... I would say now it's time to pull someone else in on this matter and start making calls on your behalf.

I'm sure someone out there can correct me if I'm wrong but a "no show" can probably be voided/deleted and fixed in comparison to a marginal 1059, so your career isn't ruined.
There has to be other people at MEPS that have the same rank and MOS as you and require the same NCOES. Have you networked with other Soldiers at that location for info? Is the S3 "guy" the schools NCO too?

Send an e-mail to your branch person and mark the e-mail with a read request so you know if he read it.

You need to move up the chain.

I just left 4ID and you could contact some people there for info.

You could try to contact Fort Sam's ALC and explain the dilemma and they may provide insight for your situation.

http://www.cs.amedd.army.mil/new_arrival.aspx#slc
I left the MEPS in 2013. My 1sg was army but everyone else was air force. He want sure what it was. I have been here a year and have got into some heated arguments about me going to ALC. up to six months ago my company ssg were saying it was only da select for the resident phases. I said bs took it to my s3 who didn't know his head from his..... my 1sg just said yeah if that's what ive been hearing then it must be true. I made six about five months ago and have been calling hrc every week to get in. I was told go talk to your s3. We got a new battalion school guy, and while registering me for SHARP, I asked him to submit a 4187 for phase 1-3. He said sure and told me I could call branch too. Done and done. He showed me how to find what I want from ATTRS. I found contacts for ALC there on ATTRS too. I have been calling leaving messages and emails. Squeaky wheel gets the oil I hope
Ok, this might be a crazy question but when you look at your ERB does it say ALC/Graduated.

As far as I was tracking Phase 1 no longer exists because it was replaced with Common Core. It sounds like you're saying you were enrolled when it was still phase 1 but now that its no longer an actual course you can't access it.

Is this different in the Medical fields?
This is what is so annoying about the new NCOES. It is so confusing. In my previous MOS there was a Phase 1 Distance Learning portion that you had to activate through ALMS. Completely different than the Common Core. It read as ALC Phase 1 on ATRRS too and everyone kept telling me, "Nooo, there is no Phase 1 anymore, it's been replaced by Common Core."

I wonder what my new MOS will hold since I never finished it and I still need ALC completion.
So apparently my ALC has 3 phases. The first part is dL. The other two are resident. And then there is common core that you have to do to graduate. I spoke with Another SSG. he did the same. Didn't get registered and missed out. He got another class so I'm hoping its the same for me.
quote:
Originally posted by SGT Smitty:
This is what is so annoying about the new NCOES. It is so confusing. In my previous MOS there was a Phase 1 Distance Learning portion that you had to activate through ALMS. Completely different than the Common Core. It read as ALC Phase 1 on ATRRS too and everyone kept telling me, "Nooo, there is no Phase 1 anymore, it's been replaced by Common Core."

I wonder what my new MOS will hold since I never finished it and I still need ALC completion.

You will complete how ever many phases that were in the ALC that you actually did the resident portion for.
I am not sure about any of the other Branches but in the AMEDD we have 4 Phases to complete before we are ALC complete Common Core, Distance Learning, Phase 1 Resident, and Phase 2 Resident. Now if you had previously completed Phase 1 BNCOC you do not have to redo Common Core per ALARACT 262-2009 which states

COMPLETION OF COMMON CORE AND TECHNICAL PHASES ARE REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED AS A GRADUATE OF ALC. GRADUATES OF BNCOC-CC WILL NOT BE REQUIRED TO ALSO COMPLETE ALC-CC
quote:
Originally posted by Soldier60:
quote:
Originally posted by Corvette1140:
You will complete how ever many phases that were in the ALC that you actually did the resident portion for.

How would that make sense if you have to complete the DL Phase or Phases prior to attending residency.

Myself and a great deal of other Soldiers actually did the common core after ALC. Even though that does not follow the ideal pattern.
quote:
Originally posted by SGT Smitty:
It's funny, literally 2 days after this post I get an email notifying me that I'm enrolled in ALC resident course.

lol, good luck. Brush up on your Land Nav. The majority of failures I've seen are from the Land Nav course. That is if it's still part of ALC.
No land nav for aviation ALC. When I went through in 2010 they had a rape boner for "Modern Army Combatives". A broken tooth (even with my mouth guard in) and broken nose from a classmate had me wondering when was the last crew chief who actually fought a hand to hand conflict? That actually had any chance in hell anyways, not getting dragged around streets and $hit. I don't know of any.

Knock it out and do your best, if its one of the longer ALC's you can actually get a good bit of TDY, fam. sep pay, and in and around mileage $$ if you can drive your POV there.
Okay so it has been a minute since I have been on. I spoke with the NCOES lady at HRC. There is no record of me doing any phase of ALC. It shows I have completed Common Core, and SSD 3. My next issue is, for about 7 months now I have been trying to enroll in ALC, resident phase. My S3 schools NCO says Branch has to do it. I spoke with Branch and sure enough they said: Your Schools guy has to put you in" The 68W NCOES lady said send her a 4187. Is there an easier way to get this class, I'm trying to do it before I deploy. I'm trying to do SLC when I get back so when my packet goes up to the board I can get my 7.....

Add Reply

Likes (0)