1) 1998 I enlisted RGV4 Airborne Ranger Option....yes it's been around a while.
2) Don't go to your recruiter and tell them "I want or I aint going." Go in there and tell them you would really LOVE to be a Ranger. Hopefully your recruiter is as hooah as you are!!!
3) If that doesn't work. This is the way you should do it.
4) Just annoy the "$##%" out of your leadership in AIT and tell them you want to go AIRBORNE, then when you get to ABN school annoy the blackhats and tell them you want to go to RIP. Successful completion of RIP will put you in a Ranger Battalion where getting to Ranger school will not be an issue.
5) There are Rangers (those who are currently serving in a Ranger Battalion and then there are people who WENT to ranger school. Don't forget there is a difference.
PS...as a side note...there will most likely be absolutely NO reason for you not to be able to go to Airborne training and RIP as an 11B. Just remember that if you aint got the heart, you aint gonna make it kid.