ASK Rule 5

So I have been waiting for my ASK to update to show my upcoming assignment to Korea, but nothing yet, so I went to requisitions to make sure I am still on assignment instructions. It does say Rule 5, but I am not sure if they changed the Rule 5 description or what, because it says, "You are being considered for, or are already on assignment instructions."

Is that new, or does that mean I am not exactly on AI yet?
Original Post
I had the same question on my last PCS so I called branch and they told me that it basically means you are being considered for an assignment. Basically branch should be doing the paperwork ensuring you meet the qualifications and everything before they actually put you in that slot.
It was a couple years ago but I believe it was about a week or 2. I kept checking with my S-1 as they know sometimes before it is on your ASK. I can't remember the date but there is a certain date they usually post everything on from what I heard.

You probably could check with your S-1 as they should be able to tell you if you are on assignment. May not be able to tell you where to until it officially updates but they can check for an assignment processing for you.

Add Reply

Likes (0)