BAH WAIVER, REQUEST TO MOVE BAH TO DEPENDENTS LOCATION

Posted 07 July 2011 23:31
Hello, I was recently told by finance I qualify to change my BAH to where my family is going to be located. I fall in on;

ALARACT 021/2008 :

4. THE FOLLOWING CIRCUMSTANCES QUALIFY FOR BAH SECRETARIAL WAIVER
CONSIDERATION:

C. WHEN CIRCUMSTANCES REQUIRE DEPENDENTS TO RESIDE SEPARATELY FROM
THE MEMBER. THE SECRETARY OF THE ARMY HAS APPROVED FOUR DISTINCT
CATEGORIES FOR CONSIDERATION UNDER THIS AUTHORITY:

(1.) SOLDIERS WHO RECEIVE PCS ORDERS TO UNITS DEPLOYING WITHIN 12
MONTHS OF ARRIVAL. [A COPY OF THE ORDER MUST ACCOMPANY THE REQUEST.]

My issue is the memorandum, has anyone ever done or can help me do one? My reasons are because wife does not have any family in the states and also will not have a means of transportation. I really don't know how to put that in a professional way. S1 and orderly aren't really helping.

I also posted this on "deployment discussion".
Original Post
Google it on the internet and see if one comes up. you should be able to find one. Also, it will have to be signed by the Commander, therefore he will have to ensure that it is in the correct format. Get with your orderly room and ask them to give you a memo format for your company and then look for the example on the internet. Also, you will need to use a really good justification for it to be approved, as most are not. I.E. wife needs medical care there or you own a home there etc... what you listed may or may not work. Problem is that Soldiers before you have frauded the governement before. They wanted the BAH at another location where they would get hundreds more and then move the family there and try and get over on the Govt. This is why it needs to be pretty good justification. Will also help if you let them know it will just be during the deployment and is temporary. But make sure that you cancel it as soon as you get back and do not get caught getting it for the other location and then her live with you at that location. They can figure that out and will.

Add Reply

Likes (0)