BEAR reenlistment

I am about to graduate from the 35F course and was wondering what reenlistment options I will be entitled to? I am currently on assignment to Fort Wainwright and when I signed for the BEAR program 35F had a tier 6 SRB. I am wondering If I am eligible to reenlist for choice of duty station for a follow on assignment after Alaska? From what I have figured out so far is I will need to reenlist for more than the 3 year minimum for the BEAR, if I am eligible for choice of duty station I am willing to reenlist for 6 under the BEAR program if I can get that option. thank you for your help with this, I haven't been able to get in contact with 1/25 BDE retention.
Original Post
I'm in the process of reenlisting now and I'm also a 35F. Based on what I have experienced during this past reup process it is almost impossible to project an assignment out that far. I tried to project a duty assignment out 1 year and they told me no. So I waited 6 months before I reenlisted just to get choice of duty assignment.

I guess it also depends on where you are trying to go. For instance, I'm pretty sure you can get Korea that far out.

I would get in contact with your gaining unit's retention before anything would be final.

Add Reply

Likes (0)