Civil Affairs Selection and Assessment 38B

Has anyone out there been to this course recently. I'm trying to find out what the course entails. All I seem to get from their homepage is that it's a ten day course and if selected you will be put on assignment instructions. If possible I'd like to know the overall difficulty of course, what are the tasks given in the course, and what percentage of Soldiers who attend the course actually get selected?

I would like to go, but I because of the the way they do reenlistment I do not want to attend and not get selected because they only select 10%. Because if I don't get selected I imagine I'll be stuck in my current MOS.
Original Post
You wouldn't reenlist until you complete the training and are awarded the MOS.
You have to apply first and if you're selected you'll be locked in for training. Once you're locked, then you go see your CC to execute a BEAR extension (24 months beyond graduation).
i did selection at the end on november. we had roughly 60 people and I would say 50 of us were selected. To prepare, I would say do some rucks in the morning and run in the evening. yea, 2 a days... thats pretty much all you can do. everything else just kind of comes at you and you have to use your common sense/experience to get past it. you wont find anyone to give you exact details because that would negate the purpose of their selection do to the way it is designed.... Hope that helps...
Thanks mpact, the nutrition rate was what I was looking for. I just didn't want to go to a selection where only 10% suceed (like EFMB or EIB). Once you get selected do they cut you orders for Airborne school and asign you a language directly after?

Thanks again.
quote:
Originally posted by Ten Speed:
Thanks mpact, the nutrition rate was what I was looking for. I just didn't want to go to a selection where only 10% suceed (like EFMB or EIB). Once you get selected do they cut you orders for Airborne school and asign you a language directly after?

Thanks again.

I'd say the "nutrition" rate is 100% although not everyone eats right. The attrition rate is different and Rich C addressed that. Smiler
quote:
Originally posted by Sergeant Medic:
quote:
Originally posted by Ten Speed:

Thanks again.

I'd say the "nutrition" rate is 100% although not everyone eats right. The attrition rate is different and Rich C addressed that. Smiler

My nutrition rate for the EFMB was about 10%. 40% was from tobacco, 40% caffeine, and about 10% was lost due to the fact I crap blood everytime I use the bathroom.

Add Reply

Likes (0)