Conditional Release from Guard

Hey guys,

I'm currently in the Guard deployed with my unit. We're about 5 months away from getting back to the states and my ETS(still have to serve 2 years inactive) is also soon after we get back. I've started the process of getting a conditional release to join the Navy Officer Corps. I'm in contact with a Navy recruiter and right now I've got a letter ready explaining why I'd like a conditional release and the actual 386 form.

My problem is how exactly I'm going to get it to him. I don't really have the normal chain of command because the job I have has my First line supervisor as a LTC. He doesn't tell me anything nor is it his job to do so. So, I don't really go to him unless it is something related to our duty. We do have a separate email system set up here for communication about everything we do whether it is personal or duty related. Should I send the form and letter directly to my BN Commander? Or should I go through my BTRY's First Sergeant/CO? I'm afraid the BTRY CO and 1SG will look down on me and not even forward it to the BN CO. Our BN CO is a good guy and loves soldiers going to OCS but I'm not sure about inter-service transfers.

Thanks for your help
Original Post
Something to look at here. We are deployed. I work at HQ, meaning the BN CO is right across the hall from me. Rear DET is all the way back in the states. Why would I send a form all the way back overseas, just for it to have to be sent back for the CO to sign it. Could I just send it to my S1 here? They are most likely going to keep the process over here and send it to my BTRY CO, then my BN XO, then probably the BN CO.

Add Reply

Likes (0)