OK so I have a list of courses that count for promotion points, but what I want is a list or maybe start here on this thead a list of all the courses we have taken that award a lot of points...that way we dont sit around doing 20 mini course that award 10 points when you can do others that award more for the same time.

So what courses award a lot of points that you all know of? I am doing ALC online and college online so I dont have time to be doing courses that are not worth enough points...
Original Post
This is the path that I took. Several of the sub-courses within these courses are used multiple times so you only have tome complete them once, just be prepared to submit a lot of tickets to the ATHD in order to get credit.

081-MD0921 HEALTHCARE NCO SUST- 170 Hours
081-68WM6 PRACTICAL NURSE ASI SUST- 130 Hours
081-CBRNE NWP NUCLEAR WARFARE PREPARD FOR HLTHCARE PROVIDER- 55 Hours
081-CBRNE BWP BIOLOGICAL WARFARE PREPAREDNESS FOR HLTHCARE- 83 Hours
081-CBRNE HPC HOSPITAL CBRNE PREPAREDNESS COURSE- 73 Hours
081-CBRNE CONWP CONV WARFARE PREPAREDNESS FOR HLTHCARE- 50 Hours
081-CBRNE CWP CHEM WARFARE PREPAREDNESS FOR HLTHCARE PROVID- 65 Hours
081-68D OPERATING ROOM SPECIALIST SUST- 135 Hours
081-68W10 HEALTHCARE SPECIALIST SUST- 230 Hours
081-18D SPECIAL OPERATIONS MED SGT SUST- 281 Hours
081-18DPREP SPECIAL OPERATIONS MED SGT PREP- 144 Hours

All of these courses totaled up will get you 1411 Hours and max you out on correspondence hours.
It's no big deal man. Actually, that post could help out with someone in a medical MOS looking for correspondence courses for promotion. That is the issue lots of people are having right now. Once the Army changed it so that you had to complete an entire course to get points for it, it kinda screwed lots of people. I went from around 800 hours to 0 because all of mine were sub courses. I used to be a tanker (19K), and there were not a lot of courses offered to my MOS.
Do Rosetta Stone (usarmy.skillport.com). 1 Level is 8 points. I think that 1 complete language is about 160 hrs. You could learn proper UK English to start. You could do American English too, but that seems cheap (unles u ned to wurk on dat gramma). Each completed level goes straight to ATRRS within 24-48 hrs. If it doesn't filter to PPW/ERB, S1 can enter manually.
correspondence courses are not MOS specific, im a 42A and I am enrolled in some MP courses and stuff like that, now they are not going to be easy since I dont have experience in medical field and all that but still...thanks for the help guys...yeah im doing spanish rosetta stone (im fluent, gotta go re-do the DLPT to keep my 10 promotion points for civilian ed)...
quote:
Originally posted by SPC Harris:
All of these courses totaled up will get you 1411 Hours and max you out on correspondence hours.


There is actually no maximum for correspondence hours anymore. The only maximum is on the Military Education section of Administrative portion of the Promotion Point Worksheet of 260 points.

You could max out the entire Military Education section with 1,300 correspondence course hours and no NCOES or other military schools.

Obviously, it's not the best route to go, but it will help new soldiers in the Army who have no military classes at all, or can't go because of missions or whatever.
quote:
Originally posted by SARGE G:
Does anyone know if NCS(National Cryptologic School) courses are still worth PROMO points? I have a few soldiers who asked about it but I didnt see it anywhere. I havent heard anything about if they went away or not.


I have a list of every correspondence course that S1 used with codes to put on the ERB. If it has no codes than you do not get points for it. This is what my S1 has told me, so I'm goint to assume that the NCS is not worth promotion points. At least not under the correspondence course section.

This annoys me because I have roughly 170-200 hours on my ATRRS transcript that do not have codes on the list S1 gave me. So I'm screwed on 34-40 promotion points because of that.
quote:
Originally posted by sysalis:
quote:
Originally posted by SPC Harris:
All of these courses totaled up will get you 1411 Hours and max you out on correspondence hours.


There is actually no maximum for correspondence hours anymore. The only maximum is on the Military Education section of Administrative portion of the Promotion Point Worksheet of 260 points.

You could max out the entire Military Education section with 1,300 correspondence course hours and no NCOES or other military schools.

Obviously, it's not the best route to go, but it will help new soldiers in the Army who have no military classes at all, or can't go because of missions or whatever.


That's exactly my situation, I have no Military schools to my name yet in my short time in the Army so I buckled down on Correspondence Courses to max my military education portion. It also helps since I don't have any awards yet as well.
quote:
That's exactly my situation, I have no Military schools to my name yet in my short time in the Army so I buckled down on Correspondence Courses to max my military education portion. It also helps since I don't have any awards yet as well.


Off topic, but Schweinfurt is hosting Air Assault, so if you can get a seat you'll be able to put something down for your awards.
quote:
Originally posted by SPC Harris:
That's exactly my situation, I have no Military schools to my name yet in my short time in the Army so I buckled down on Correspondence Courses to max my military education portion. It also helps since I don't have any awards yet as well.


At the same time, you should volunteer for small exercises like what our battalion calls "Dragon Shield". They tend to give COAs and some AAMs to soldiers who do that.

Also, request to go to school. CLS, Armorer Course, P-BUSE, SAMS-1E, Combatives, Field San, etc. You do not necessarily have to be the SAMS clerk or the supply person, but the classes are good knowledge for one and for two it's worth points. Go to any class you can.

Off subject: if anyone wants the list of codes for your ATRRS transcript to write the codes next to your course before giving it to S-1, PM me and I'll send it to ya.
quote:
Originally posted by Wheeler68K:
quote:
That's exactly my situation, I have no Military schools to my name yet in my short time in the Army so I buckled down on Correspondence Courses to max my military education portion. It also helps since I don't have any awards yet as well.


Off topic, but Schweinfurt is hosting Air Assault, so if you can get a seat you'll be able to put something down for your awards.


Our PAD Clerk here is actually going to Air Assault, unfortunately I just came off of profile yesterday after surgery so I wasn't able to get a slot. I will be getting with my S-1 though to see if there's any chance of getting to some schools.
quote:
Originally posted by SPC Harris:
I will be getting with my S-1 though to see if there's any chance of getting to some schools.


Don't get with your S-1, get with your company/detachment's training section. They'll send up a school request and get you into whatever classes you want, or should at least. S-1 just tracks the classes.

Not sure about your training section, but what I do as the Training NCOIC is: I let all new soldiers to my unit know that if they want to go to ANY military classes, whether it be Net+, Armorer, Security+, Combatives, etc., to let me know so I can submit a school request packet after they're done in-processing. I even give them the option of choosing what month they would like to go, if they have the option. The only classes I make new soldiers go to is CLS and BN Driver's training.

Not sure if your training section does what I do, but just let them know what schools/classes you want to go to and they'll send up the request(s) to S1.
There are also alot of MS office pack correspondence courses on skillport (DESKTOP CERTIFICATIONS). Some of them are piddly (1-2 hrs), but they consist of 6-12 questions. Just from having to use computers, you should be able to blow throw Word/Powerpoint, etc. "Getting started with Internet Explorer": Which icon on the browser refreshes the web page? DUHH, Refresh. It might be worth your time to see if you can test out of those, along with everything else you're doin.
I did not know that you could max out your military education with Correspondence courses, granted you would need 1400hrs, but it can be done. My HR Clerk just informed me of this today and im like dang, i prefer to go to school but its knowledge i wanted to share.
quote:
Originally posted by 101st Eagle Warhead:
I did not know that you could max out your military education with Correspondence courses, granted you would need 1400hrs, but it can be done. My HR Clerk just informed me of this today and im like dang, i prefer to go to school but its knowledge i wanted to share.


Trust me, I'd rather go to some military schools myself for both points and experience, but yes with this new system it IS possible. And as a brand new soldier in the Army, regardless of rank, you could at least work on correspondence courses and max out that section, JUST IN CASE, you do not go to any military class besides WLC.

That's just my opinion, though. Regardless of how you max out that section of the PPW, correspondence courses may be used for college credit, depending on the school.
quote:
Originally posted by sysalis:
quote:
Originally posted by SARGE G:
Does anyone know if NCS(National Cryptologic School) courses are still worth PROMO points? I have a few soldiers who asked about it but I didnt see it anywhere. I havent heard anything about if they went away or not.


I have a list of every correspondence course that S1 used with codes to put on the ERB. If it has no codes than you do not get points for it. This is what my S1 has told me, so I'm goint to assume that the NCS is not worth promotion points. At least not under the correspondence course section.

This annoys me because I have roughly 170-200 hours on my ATRRS transcript that do not have codes on the list S1 gave me. So I'm screwed on 34-40 promotion points because of that.


Is this a milper message or some other form that I can find online? I'm looking for an official list of military ed schools with the three letter code identifiers for promotions for my records.
quote:
Originally posted by mach250:
quote:
Originally posted by sysalis:
quote:
Originally posted by SARGE G:
Does anyone know if NCS(National Cryptologic School) courses are still worth PROMO points? I have a few soldiers who asked about it but I didnt see it anywhere. I havent heard anything about if they went away or not.


I have a list of every correspondence course that S1 used with codes to put on the ERB. If it has no codes than you do not get points for it. This is what my S1 has told me, so I'm goint to assume that the NCS is not worth promotion points. At least not under the correspondence course section.

This annoys me because I have roughly 170-200 hours on my ATRRS transcript that do not have codes on the list S1 gave me. So I'm screwed on 34-40 promotion points because of that.


Is this a milper message or some other form that I can find online? I'm looking for an official list of military ed schools with the three letter code identifiers for promotions for my records.


Goto the following website:

https://www.ask.army.mil/dbhelper

In the search box, enter "MCRDCC" without the quotes. Hit search, then click on blue select link. It will list all of the possible military education codes and classes. This is the current, up to date list that E-milpo pulls data from.

Please don't double post.
quote:
Originally posted by mach250:
Is this a milper message or some other form that I can find online? I'm looking for an official list of military ed schools with the three letter code identifiers for promotions for my records.


After talking to my S1, it turns out there are a bunch of courses, like Structured Self Development, that ARE promotion points but are not on the list. My SSD1 was automatically put on my ERB once I completed it. I had my S1 print out my correspondence course in the system for me before I sent them my transcript with the codes written for them. I had several courses I did on Skillport that were not on S1's list, however they are on my ERB.

I have the list that my S1 gave me with the three letter code identifiers. The list I have is for correspondence and Army e-learning only, though. PM me your email if you would like it.
I'm having some trouble with these correspondence courses. I understand that going directly to the sub course website isn't going to account for anything.

Which site allows you to enroll in a 100+ hour course like those 68W courses and then actually knock them out? I am a 68W, but I'm not really sure where on attrs I'm able to enroll in those specific courses Harris listed. Attrs says they are not for distance learning..

Confusion all around. Also just read that DLI won't count for any points as an attrs course, but if you are reclassing you can use them for civilian ed until you are MOS-Q'd as a 35P or if you are a 35M you can use them as the MOS is no longer language dependent.
quote:
Originally posted by SPC Harris:
This is the path that I took. Several of the sub-courses within these courses are used multiple times so you only have tome complete them once, just be prepared to submit a lot of tickets to the ATHD in order to get credit.

081-MD0921 HEALTHCARE NCO SUST- 170 Hours
081-68WM6 PRACTICAL NURSE ASI SUST- 130 Hours
081-CBRNE NWP NUCLEAR WARFARE PREPARD FOR HLTHCARE PROVIDER- 55 Hours
081-CBRNE BWP BIOLOGICAL WARFARE PREPAREDNESS FOR HLTHCARE- 83 Hours
081-CBRNE HPC HOSPITAL CBRNE PREPAREDNESS COURSE- 73 Hours
081-CBRNE CONWP CONV WARFARE PREPAREDNESS FOR HLTHCARE- 50 Hours
081-CBRNE CWP CHEM WARFARE PREPAREDNESS FOR HLTHCARE PROVID- 65 Hours
081-68D OPERATING ROOM SPECIALIST SUST- 135 Hours
081-68W10 HEALTHCARE SPECIALIST SUST- 230 Hours
081-18D SPECIAL OPERATIONS MED SGT SUST- 281 Hours
081-18DPREP SPECIAL OPERATIONS MED SGT PREP- 144 Hours

All of these courses totaled up will get you 1411 Hours and max you out on correspondence hours.



SPC Harris! I wish I read this post in it's entirety before I completed multiple 081 courses! How do you "submit a ticket" to ATHD? I've already completed the same subcourses multiple times now and would prefer not to continue with the stupidity...
quote:
Originally posted by SGT Chalkley:
quote:
Originally posted by SPC Harris:
This is the path that I took. Several of the sub-courses within these courses are used multiple times so you only have tome complete them once, just be prepared to submit a lot of tickets to the ATHD in order to get credit.

081-MD0921 HEALTHCARE NCO SUST- 170 Hours
081-68WM6 PRACTICAL NURSE ASI SUST- 130 Hours
081-CBRNE NWP NUCLEAR WARFARE PREPARD FOR HLTHCARE PROVIDER- 55 Hours
081-CBRNE BWP BIOLOGICAL WARFARE PREPAREDNESS FOR HLTHCARE- 83 Hours
081-CBRNE HPC HOSPITAL CBRNE PREPAREDNESS COURSE- 73 Hours
081-CBRNE CONWP CONV WARFARE PREPAREDNESS FOR HLTHCARE- 50 Hours
081-CBRNE CWP CHEM WARFARE PREPAREDNESS FOR HLTHCARE PROVID- 65 Hours
081-68D OPERATING ROOM SPECIALIST SUST- 135 Hours
081-68W10 HEALTHCARE SPECIALIST SUST- 230 Hours
081-18D SPECIAL OPERATIONS MED SGT SUST- 281 Hours
081-18DPREP SPECIAL OPERATIONS MED SGT PREP- 144 Hours

All of these courses totaled up will get you 1411 Hours and max you out on correspondence hours.



SPC Harris! I wish I read this post in it's entirety before I completed multiple 081 courses! How do you "submit a ticket" to ATHD? I've already completed the same subcourses multiple times now and would prefer not to continue with the stupidity...


Not sure if this is the same question, but on the same note, I have completed mutltitudes of correspondence subcourses in ATIA which are no longer valid. If they are subcourses that means that they are part of a main course - which should be able to be completed. I have yet to get a chance to talk with my DLC here on base since I'm usually out of work well after they have closed.
Also some of the courses listed in my ATRRS doesn't make alot of sense, as they look to be MOS courses... blowing my mind, not to mention my S1 is more confused then I am.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
Post
×
×
×
×