DA Select Issue with command

Ok so my unit is scheduled to deploy VERY soon. I am manifested to go.. Two days ago I received an email stating I had a school date for recruiting. I brought it up to my command and they said "You are going to the stan". My CSM told me to do an operational deferment. Since the deployment will be longer than 90 days, the orders must be deleted. I contacted the recruiting branch and they told me BS i'm going to school. Issue I am having is I typed up the deferment but it will take probably close to a month to arrive at HRC. By that time I would have already left for Afghan. I understand that HRC makes the final call but my command is not cooperating at all. All they say is i'm going to Afghan no question. I do not know what to do so that they are aware that I cannot go down range without burning bridges. Also the deferment is going to be signed by Company/BN/Group Commander, not sure if this will change the outcome or not once it arrives at HRC. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Original Post
I hate that shit epically when soldiers volunteer for career progressing assignments and the csm or bc try to get them deleted just so that soldier can deploy. Epically when that soldier had 3 or more deployments under their belt... Recruiting is a lot less stressful than it was a few years ago ...it gave me a chance to get back into school which I didn't take advantage of... and spend more time with my family.... Take advantage of it and do the best you can

Add Reply

Likes (0)