Denied kicker in 2008 by mistake, going back to school.

Im a 68W from 2006. I enlisted with a 350$ kicker, for being a high asvab 68W in a vacant slot. I also fell under college first, but my kicker contract doesn't mention it.
I just reenlisted and now I want to go back to school using my bonus. I went to the education office and found out that the mistake that I wasn't a Primary MOS at the time of enlistment is what denied my kicker for when I went to school in 2008-2009. It was a shocker that someone missed a line on a page and hit the no button, but I digress, I wanted it fixed. I have since found out that I was approved for only the 200$ kicker not 350, because I stopped going to college and became deploy-able again? I volunteered and didn't finish pre-mob because the Mtow change and they didn't need another medic/I wasn't willing to reclass to 88m.
I filled for an audit with the VA/NGB and will try to get at least the kicker from the 5mo18days I drew the GI-Bill. I also wonder why if my contract says 350$ kicker, why the DOD says 200$
Sorry for the long post/odd question, I am asking on the Gi-Bill forums as well.
Original Post

Add Reply

Likes (0)