DENIED WLC

Alright so I am a SGT in the national guard. Never in my military career have I been in any type of trouble. Well I have had my E5 for over two years and have requested wlc ever since. I keep getting denied due to funding but the funny thing is I have been to 5 schools since I received my E5. 4 being two week courses and 1 being an 8 week. Should I take this to IG or just keep pounding the unit because it is screwing my career progression.
Original Post
Keeping moving up the chain through your COC/NCO Support Channel.

IG is for complaints against regulations. What regulations has your command violated? When IG receives a complaint, they ensure the command is following regulations.

So, if you still get a block through your chain of command; then engage your state's EO rep. And that is if they sending someone else to WLC and not you. Or you are the only E5 in your unit that has never been to WLC?
I have already been to the top of my company NCO support channel. I guess I could try and speak with one of my SGM from battalion or brigade. Another problem I have is we are preparing for mobilization in a couple of months so if I don't receive WLC before, it will delay me from filling out a 4100 for over another year. I assumed their would be funding priorities.

Add Reply

Likes (0)