Does anybody has information about FET training?

Im just curious, I would like to go, I am getting my packet ready, but every time I go to the website, I see the general information, I will like to know more about the inside, what females think about the training? how was it? etc etc

Thanks
Original Post
Were you asking about FET or CST? Because I hear FET now (the ones attached to the conventional Army) are going to start requiring going through some kind of selection process too, not as in-depth as the one for the CSTs but also not just picking at random from support battalions and such. How you're used as FET definitely depends on the unit you get attached to and at what level. Working as a FET at the Battalion Headquarters level is bound to be different than working at a Company level in an Infantry unit. It will also depend on how open the chain of command is to having females going out on their patrols because I know one female who goes out all the time but another female who goes out maybe once every two weeks. As for the CSTs, I'm actually looking for more info about them too as there doesn't seem to be much out there.

Namely I'm wondering what the difference is in the work you'll be doing if attached to a Ranger platoon versus to an SF ODA and what makes the determination which you'll be attached to.

I'm also wondering how serious they are about making CSTs into a more permanent thing. Mainly because I read somewhere that you'll only be a CST for up to a year which will include the training and deployment. But with the small percentage of females out of overall Soldiers in the Army, an even smaller percentage who would be willing to do this kind of thing, and then and even smaller percentage who can make it through selection, how are they going to continually get new females for these teams every 6 months about? Why not keep those who excel during the deployment to stay past that year and continue working on CSTs instead of returning them to their original units?

Add Reply

Likes (0)