DON'T DO IT!!!!

Did you seriously try to be that stupid or did it just come naturally?

quote:
Originally posted by Illernoise:
I believe what the OP is talking about is that his MOS is not offering a bonus...that or he has no clue what he's talking about because I'm sure the Army isn't going to offer you a bonus once you ETS.
quote:
Originally posted by fire228:
If your planning on reenlisting and want a bonus....DONT DO IT!!!

I have waited over 4 months since ETS and no sign of bonus and I know others who have been waiting 8-9 months and no bonus!!!

It's BULLSHIT


Have you been living under a rock or been freeze-dried for the last couple of years?

All services are drawing down their numbers. The Army is only giving bonuses to those either already in critical MOS' (CSRB) or to those reclassing to critical MOS' (SMAPP/BEAR).

Everyone else who is not in a critical MOS will be lucky to be able to re-enlist. Re-enlistment is now considered a privilege. So if money is all you were after, then the Army didn't really need/want you.

Good luck in the civilian world. I'm sure you will get a signing bonus for that 7-figure job you're going to get...

Matt
As a soldier in an MOS that has almost never had a bonus to go with it, it makes me sick to see soldiers that complain about bonuses not being currently offered for their MOS. Bonuses are just that a bonus, you should choose to stay, reclass, or leave for the right reason and if you get a Bonus, then great.... BONUS!!!!

If you re-enlisted, expecting a bonus and it did not show up yet, read the re-enlistment contract. I have seen soldiers get "told" they were going to get a bonus with re-enlistment just to turn around and not get a bonus because it was not in the contract. Even had two soldiers come into the finance office, joined same time, same MOS, same AIT, but one had a bonus in the contract and one did not. The one without was complaining saying that since everything was the same as the soldier with the bonus he should get one too....
fire228 didn't explain himself so that everyone could understand. I had to look at a previous post of his. He re-enlisted and never received his bonus. Of course it shouldn't take that long. I received my bonus in two weeks. I am not sure what routes you have taken to collect your bonus, but your first stop should be brigade retention, then division retention.
quote:
Originally posted by MattU:

Have you been living under a rock or been freeze-dried for the last couple of years?

All services are drawing down their numbers. The Army is only giving bonuses to those either already in critical MOS' (CSRB) or to those reclassing to critical MOS' (SMAPP/BEAR).

Everyone else who is not in a critical MOS will be lucky to be able to re-enlist. Re-enlistment is now considered a privilege. So if money is all you were after, then the Army didn't really need/want you.

Good luck in the civilian world. I'm sure you will get a signing bonus for that 7-figure job you're going to get...

Matt


Incorrect, CSRB, SMAPP, and BEAR are not the only way to recieve a re-enlistment bonus. There is the (SRB) Selective Re-enlistment Bonus Tiered Program.
quote:
Originally posted by fire228:


If you plan on just sitting for a super long time waiting for some magic paperwork fairy to fix the world,

DON'T DO IT!!!

So you re-upped, did the whole term, and ETS'd without bothering to get the bonus paid??
----------------------------------------

Get a hold of your old Unit ASAP. Make sure you have copies of your contract and ALL ETS paperwork. Clock is ticking, money is waiting. It's all up to you. If you wait too long it will all be gone.
fire228 is National Guard. He reenlisted with a bonus in the contract, and for some reason was not paid IAW the document. The problem he has encountered while probably routine in RC, is no way indicative of bonus processing in the RA.

Had he been USAR, I probably would have fixed it by now.

Now could everyone please upgrade their manners?
First off, I initially enlisted into the Army as an 11B (Infantryman) and then my unit was reclassed into a Cavalry troop. I have done my 6 years in and re-enlisted not based on a bonus, but because overall I love the military and my job in it! The issue is when you are told you will get something like a bonus and especially when it is in writing, then there should be no bullshit or excuses behind it!!
I was told the bonus would come within 30-90 days from my ETS date when my new contract started, but now its been 5 months and NOBODY I talk to has a damn answer about it!!!!
quote:
Originally posted by fire228:
I was told the bonus would come within 30-90 days from my ETS date when my new contract started, but now its been 5 months and NOBODY I talk to has a damn answer about it!!!!


Then you need to talk with the right people. Take it up your chain and make sure you contact the finance office.

And your situation happens once in a while but is NOT the standard. So saying "don't re-enlist cuz they screwed up my bonus" was childish to begin with. Sure ranting feels good sometimes but won't fix anything...
quote:
Originally posted by AutobahnSHO:
quote:
Originally posted by fire228:
I was told the bonus would come within 30-90 days from my ETS date when my new contract started, but now its been 5 months and NOBODY I talk to has a damn answer about it!!!!


Then you need to talk with the right people. Take it up your chain and make sure you contact the finance office.

And your situation happens once in a while but is NOT the standard. So saying "don't re-enlist cuz they screwed up my bonus" was childish to begin with. Sure ranting feels good sometimes but won't fix anything...


Apparently it is the standard!!

I'm in the Florida Army National Guard and I have friends spread throughout the state in the same boat, actually some even worse because I know some people that have been waiting 8+ months!!

Trust me, this has went up the Chain of Command more than once and the only response is "I'm not sure".......really?

Add Reply

Likes (0)
×
×
×
×