ETS

I am currently deployed and will be ETSing in 3 months. By the time I get back to America I will have roughly 40 days before my ETS date. I was wondering if there is anyone that might be able to give me some advice on what I need to do to ETS since I have such a short amount of time, and have not started doing anything yet?
Original Post
WOW... First, check out Milper Message 11-004. Print, read, highlight that which is applicable, then give it to your commander. If you aren't on a bird in a week then make a complaint with IG. For someone who hasn't put ANY thought into ETS, you are going to need the full 90 days ( as per the aforementioned Milper...) to prepare for the civilian world.

Check your LES now to see how many leave days you will have accrued for terminal leave (ETS BAL...). Fill out your DA 31 and submit it to the Rear D commander upon your return to home station (If it's in excess of 30, the BN commander or Rear D equivalent will have to approve). You'll go through your Phase 1 and Phase 2 physicals. They are not mandatory, however, if you "waive" your right to be examined, you will NOT be able to make a service-related disability claim. Begin clearing 5-10 working days (depending on the installation) before your terminal leave date. Ensure you have your DD 214 in-hand; you will need it to file for unemployment. Ensure all information is correct...

Things to consider:
-food
-housing
-education
-...wtf you are going to do with your life because you haven't given ANY thought to short/long term goals.

Reenlistment is probably best for someone of your preparedness.

Add Reply

Likes (0)