Is there anyway to ETS without an NOCER? I had an intrapost transfer from a unit that was deploying and I literally have 3 months left. I don't have a slot in the unit I'm in, no Soldiers or anything... because hey, I'm leaving. It's quite frustrating and I'm sick of people lying on NCOERs. I don't want a bunch of crap on there. I would rather not have one. Any suggestions?
Original Post
You might be able to, but with 90 days left, you are required by regulation to have one for a rating period of 90 days or more. Plus, you never know, if it's good enough, it might be something to use to help with getting a job in the civillian sector. Just a thought.
I have a team leader who recieved his annual NCOER in January, and he ETS's in June. My PSG told him that his last NCOER is his choice but if he deny's it I must counsel him. Does a NCO have a choice on his last NCOER? And if he does deny it, do i counsel him on the 90 days required rating time for an NCOER.
He has to receive that last NCOER whether he wants it or not. Like I said in my previous post 5 Success's with not bullets and call it a day.
Hey there SSG (P), read up on your regs.

DA PAM 623-3 Par. 3-7 b.

Bullet comments. Bullet comments are mandatory regardless of ratings given. Narrative rules for Part IV, bullet comments will—
If the NCO meets the 90 day requirements, then he will recieve and NCOER prior to ETS unless under retirement where and NCOER is optional.

-------
623-3, para., 3-44
f. A report is mandatory when the rated noncommissioned officer is separated from active duty. As an exception,
retirement reports of less than 1 year will be rendered at the option of the rater or senior rater or when requested by the
rated Soldier. If the rated soldier is retiring, or is being released to the USAR after 20 or more years of active duty, the
rater will indicate in their comments in DA Form 2166–8, Part IVb, the grade and assignment for which the rated
noncommissioned officer will be recalled to active duty in the event of mobilization.
-------------

Bullets comments are now mandatory, the old days of closing out a report with all success are no longer authorized. Try it and it will more than likely be returned from HRC with errors due to lack of bullet comments. There should be at least one bullet. I will post the message on this guidance when I find it. If not look it up on the most recent ALARACT or MILPER messages which can be found on the S-1 net.
Right. I have been in the unit for more than 90 days but I have had a complete change of command/raters about half way through that. I wasn't under them for 90days and by the time I get out I will not have been under these raters for 90 days either. So, no one has been able to rate me. What to do?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.