I am a SPC(P) and I have pulled CQ duties over eight times in the last month my Platoon Seargent tells me that since I am the only permutable soldier within my MOS that I have to pull duty numerous times and says to suck it up and drive on im currently undergoing a medical discharge and have tried to understand why when we have more than enough NCO's and other permotables that can pull duty as the NCO on duty that im the only one that has pulled it that much I don't mind but his answer was because all the 92Y that work in the supply room are exempt 3 NCO's and three soldiers and that all the Orderly clerks are exempt 3 NCO's One permutable and three other soldiers there is no reg or Policy letter at our company stating this but for some reason they keep using that as an excuse wondering if any one has read any or know of any regulations or policy letters for JBLM that I might have missed
Original Post
I don't know about JBLM but AR 220-45 describes how to properly fill out a DA Form 6 (used to build a duty roster) and to correctly detail Soldiers/NCOs for these duties. It sounds to me like you are being shafted because of your MEB, but I don't have all of the facts. I have been in many different types of units with many different missions and NEVER heard of an entire supply section being exempt from duties. The orderly room clerks sometimes. When all else fails read the reg for yourself and the ask to see the DA 6.
I am the operations NCO at my company. I am the one who fills out the DA 6 and submits the duty rosters to my 1SG for approval. First thing I will say is that exemptions for duty all come down to the 1SG approving it. Some people are automatically exempt like the armorer at JBLM (that is in a reg). As far as the rest it is the 1SG call. Is it right that all the supply and OPs guys are exempt; no. The next thing I will say may not be what you want to hear but if I had to choose between an NCO that is capable of doing the job I need and someone who is just waiting to get out of the Army. I would rather have the E4 that cant even spell promotable sit at CQ while my E5s are out getting things done. I don't know you personally but I do know how hard it is to conduct bussines when your NCO is on CQ and the only other guy you have is an MEB and cant lift; clean; PMCS or complete any other job required.

Talk to your 1SG; he has an open door policy. Maybe he can explain his intent. Hell maybe he isn't even tracking this is happening to you. Talk to your leadership. It will not be solved on here hunting for regs to back up your feelings about the situation.
I have to agree with the previous answer, i rather put the guy that the only thing he cand do is sit there on CQ, rather than one of my aNCOs that can go get things done. Now, your PSG only recommends exemptions but the 1SG should be approving them. I run the DA 6 for the whole BN at my unit but people think i exempt Soldiers, i dont, i get exemptions from 1SGs and then run the rosters.
ssgcabledawg posted:
I am the operations NCO at my company. I am the one who fills out the DA 6 and submits the duty rosters to my 1SG for approval. First thing I will say is that exemptions for duty all come down to the 1SG approving it. Some people are automatically exempt like the armorer at JBLM (that is in a reg). As far as the rest it is the 1SG call. Is it right that all the supply and OPs guys are exempt; no. The next thing I will say may not be what you want to hear but if I had to choose between an NCO that is capable of doing the job I need and someone who is just waiting to get out of the Army. I would rather have the E4 that cant even spell promotable sit at CQ while my E5s are out getting things done. I don't know you personally but I do know how hard it is to conduct bussines when your NCO is on CQ and the only other guy you have is an MEB and cant lift; clean; PMCS or complete any other job required.

Talk to your 1SG; he has an open door policy. Maybe he can explain his intent. Hell maybe he isn't even tracking this is happening to you. Talk to your leadership. It will not be solved on here hunting for regs to back up your feelings about the situation.

Ok and you spelled business wrong.........

Add Reply

Likes (0)