Family PCSing before service member

Hoping to get some information from PCS experts, it's been quite some time from me.

I am PCSing to Ft. Carson with a report date in May 2015. I will be at a three month TDY JAN-MAR without my family. Because of our kids being in school and the report date close to the end of the school year, my wife wants to move out there in December to get kids established in school before I go on TDY....

How would this work for PCS financial entitlements? Once I do my out process brief at my current duty station, my family will have already moved to Carson.

Has anybody came across a similar situation where their family moved a good amount of time before the service member?
Original Post
SFC,

Good luck at Carson. I was there for two years and currently renting my home to an NCO over there.

Also, I will start engaging your S1, personnel and finance about this situation.

I have had fellow Warrants who wives moved out ahead of time to buy a house and get settled but I do not know the whole bit on the financial entitlements since you are TDY en route. I will figure you will get the BAH of your losing unit, until you offically in-process at Carson.
Thanks Chief,

I actually leave for WOCS today and will be in WOBC starting in JAN. I have been engaging those suggested personnel without any luck. I will just hold on to all lodging receipts and will most likely have to put the funds up front until I get DLA and eventually get the travel pay at Carson. Thanks for your response.
quote:
Originally posted by SFC Miller:
Thanks Chief,

I actually leave for WOCS today and will be in WOBC starting in JAN. I have been engaging those suggested personnel without any luck. I will just hold on to all lodging receipts and will most likely have to put the funds up front until I get DLA and eventually get the travel pay at Carson. Thanks for your response.

Congratulations and get luck at WOCS and WOBC. I guess your WOBC is not that long since my WOBC was a PCS. So I left Germany to go to WOCS and had my family wait in NYC until I got to WOBC. Then moved my family and then was the only one in my class to get orders back to Germany and PCSed again in the same year lol

Did that again this year too. Smiler Be flexible.
quote:
Originally posted by TheWiseChief:
quote:
Originally posted by SFC Miller:
Thanks Chief,

Congratulations and good luck at WOCS and WOBC. I guess your WOBC is not that long since my WOBC was a PCS. So I left Germany to go to WOCS and had my family wait in NYC until I got to WOBC. Then moved my family and then was the only one in my class to get orders back to Germany and PCSed again in the same year lol

Did that again this year too. Smiler Be flexible.
Just a thought. Are you sure you're going to Carson? I didn't know where I was going after WOBC until part way through my course I got diverted after that. So branches may be different but that's how it was for Signal at least. Your WOCS course is TDY and return and your WOBC course should be as well which means that they won't change your BAH until you actually sign in. Just be careful or you may get stuck moving the family on your dime.

Add Reply

Likes (0)