First SMA buried in Arlington National Cemetery

All

I attended an NCO of the Quarter board just today and got this rather difficult question that I had not heard before.

Who was the first SMA ever buried in Arlington National Cemetery?

After a little research the answer is Former SMA George Dunaway. He was the second SMA and died in Feb 08. Therefore he was rather recently interned in ANC.

This might not be a very common question for others to encounter since I was participating in a board on Ft Myer, home of the Old Guard. Perhaps it will only be asked in this area but it is good knowledge to have anyway. Always prepared.
Original Post
General Grant National Memorial (as designated by the U.S. National Park Service), better known as Grant's Tomb, is a mausoleum containing the bodies of Ulysses S. Grant (1822–1885), an American Civil War General and the 18th President of the United States, and his wife, Julia Dent Grant (1826–1902).
i think i can speak for everyone when i say that any and all board questions that you've never heard before are welcome on this site!!!thanks for the info SGT BMJ!!!you never know when it'll come in handy...maybe a promotion board...could be the difference between being selected and not... Cool

Add Reply

Likes (0)