Fitness program before Basic

I need some help concerning a physical fitness program. My push up and sit up program follows. I start with 8 reps rest ten seconds, then do 9 reps rest 10 seconds, then 10 reps etc, repeat until I reach 13. When I reach 13 I rest 1 minute then go back down to eight. So at the end of that I have done 113 reps. I rest for 30 seconds and do as many reps as I can and when I reach failure, I do a negative hold for ten seconds. I repeat this 30-second rest; max reps then 1 negative until I reach 150 reps from the 113 reps. One day I do push-ups and the next are sit-ups. I had to lay back on the running from a lower back injury from attempting stiff legged deadlifts, but the pain is diminishing and I can run at least 3 times a week. I also lift weights every day (different muscle groups). My goal is to pass the PT test with flying colors when I leave in JAN 05. A problem has arisen though. Two weeks ago my max was 53 push-ups in 1:00 and 65 sit-ups in 1:30 (I break down before I reach the two minute mark) run time 15:02. Now my max in push-ups is 40 and 55 in sit-ups. Why has this happened, am I over training and can someone please give me a program in which I can pass the pt test with a 300 plus? Regarding my diet I consume 1 gram of protein/carbohydrates per body weight and take flaxseed oil refrigerated. Heights 68 inches weight 180 pounds MOS 11X.Thank you for your time and I apologize for any inconvenience.
Original Post
Ya know, this is the most common question people ask... There is no program that will allow you to pass 300+. I have NEVER met a person who has just done the pt formations in the morning and gotten a 300+. You are off to a very good start. If you want to max out before you leave, just keep doing what you are doing. You are your best indicator of what your bodies physcial limits are. Some reasons for the drop in score could be attributed to anything. You could have been tired, dehydrated, sore or just unmotivated. I know when I do my diagnostics on fridays I score about 40 points lower then normal. When you take ur PT test at basic the adrenaline will be pulsing and you should be back up to you normal standard... Is this a constant problem or did this just happen once or twice?
I don't know if this will help anyone, but this is the list of exercises I've been trying to do on my "non-running" day preparing for BCT. If I don't do this list, I work out to a Marines Boot Camp DVD, and add other stuff to it like weight training, walking/hiking, additional pushups and situps throughout the day, etc.

some preliminary stretching
jog in place
stretching again
side straddle hops
pushups
situps
wide-arm pushups
leg lifts
diamond pushups
bicycle kicks
dive bomber pushups
dirty dogs
body-builder (up/down) pushups
squats
calf and heel raises
situps
lunges
situps
wide-arm pushups
crunches
crunches - left and right sides
flutter kicks
diamond pushups
situps
leg lifts
side straddle hops
jog in place
stretching

Any suggestions for additional exercises would be appreciated...
Older? Older? Your kidding right? Your not "older" yet. Not even in Military terms these days. There's tons of us 30+ers going in for first time, or back in. I'm 36 still kickin' a**, and going AD Army (19D) from ANG and I'm still not "older". Oh, some people may say I am till they see me kick a**. Take Care!
I suppose I feel old compared to some of these 18 year olds. At least the PT standards are lower as you age, so I'm certainly not complaining. I had a PT test the other day, and the DS thought I must have failed by the number of pushups I did. When he looked at the chart for my age bracket, he was stunned to realize my number put me at 80%. lol

Add Reply

Likes (0)