fort jackson 20110214

quote:
Originally posted by stoicjustice:
Just be flexible. The best pre-BCT advice I got was this: don't try to stand out.

That is definitely the best advice for BCT. Some people naturally stand out though, ie they are really short or really tall. Or like me they are hispanic but look like a ghost in skin color. I'm white as hell and my last name is Fernandez. So, yeah, lol.

I stood out because of that. x_X;

Regardless, don't try to stand out besides from your natural appearance, you can't hide that after all, especially height or skin color with a last name that doesn't match it.
Plenty of females at Jackson.
Keep your head down and your mouth shut around the DS's and you won't have to deal with leadership positions that will cost you time to eat or sleep. Don't be a shammer either and get the platoon smoked constantly for the same stuff.
quote:
Originally posted by stoicjustice:
Just be flexible. The best pre-BCT advice I got was this: don't try to stand out.

Agreed. My fionce told me to stay with the pack. If you're ahead, and you make a mistake (and you will!) It's worse. But if you're behind, you don't get rewarded for doing something right, but you are constantly shown how inept they think you are.

Add Reply

Likes (0)